Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Brazil Wembley 7.45KO

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The players are not being paid £100k+ per week, so there is no need to charge huge ticket prices.
That is a very good point. However there have been claims made that the women's footballers should be paid the same. I doubt that will happen. There is obviosly a big demand to see the England women football team, but I do not see that translated into the club teams in spite of a few very well supported and subsidised matches for the largest teams. I know a few women who go to the England matches but sadly none will consider going to watch Brighton.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
The players are not being paid £100k+ per week, so there is no need to charge huge ticket prices.
Aren’t exorbitant wages largely funded by commercial deals (tv, sponsorship etc) rather than gate receipts? I recall the latter making up a very small percentage of wages. Plus, do players get paid at all for international appearances?

I’d hazard a guess that Wembley ran last night’s event at a pretty hefty loss at those ticket prices, good win though 👍

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

That is a very good point. However there have been claims made that the women's footballers should be paid the same. I doubt that will happen. There is obviosly a big demand to see the England women football team, but I do not see that translated into the club teams in spite of a few very well supported and subsidised matches for the largest teams. I know a few women who go to the England matches but sadly none will consider going to watch Brighton.
The England men and women are paid the same rate for playing for England.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great to see 8ok plus crowd. Big games always get a good crowd and powers that be will always quote these when saying womens game is taking off. From my observation participation by women/girls has really increased which is great. However crowds watching WPL is still poor around 1 to 3k. Am pleased to know several family members and friends daughters who now play but none watch Albion womens team but are now going to watch the men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here