Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Brazil Wembley 7.45KO

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The game at a sold-out Wembley Stadium is live on ITV1 tonight.

The Lionesses, our European Champions, taking on Brazil (ranked 9th in the world) in a pre-WC friendly.

Hoping that Marta will get on the pitch tonight. One of the world's best ever female players, the WC will surely be her last time representing Brazil (she is 37).

A youthful but inexperienced Brazilian side. I think the strength and experience of the Lionesses will see them win comfortably.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I was expecting I'd enjoy this but it's bloomin' awful.

"Brighton's youngster Katie Robinson" takes to the field.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was a decent first half from us and terrific goal - second half they’ve come much more into it. Great to see Robinson out there.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Shocking goalkeeping there for the equaliser.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Lionesses, our European Champions, taking on Brazil (ranked 9th in the world) in a pre-WC friendly.

Hoping that Marta will get on the pitch tonight. One of the world's best ever female players, the WC will surely be her last time representing Brazil (she is 37).

A youthful but inexperienced Brazilian side. I think the strength and experience of the Lionesses will see them win comfortably.
Brazil are the winners of the Copa America versus the Euro winners. There is a trophy so not so much a friendly.

1-1 at FT so penalties.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
well done lionesses, bloody brilliant
1680814646323.jpeg1680814646323.jpeg1680814646323.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was it Emma Hayes on co comms? Talking about the shorts and menstrual cycle issues for women with white shorts was utter class.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Thoroughly enjoyable evening (apart from our errant passing and the calamity equaliser). Good to see Robinson get on the pitch again for the Lionesses. Hopefully I shall be enjoying it as least as much in two weeks time!

Was very random that out of 83000, I was sat next to a fellow Brighton fan! :ROFLMAO:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Not just sold out, read a guardian article ahead of the game and people had endured hours queueing online for tickets, game could have sold out several times over. Growth in the women's game is phenomenal.

Disappointing Marta didn't play but as she said of herself last week "Marta will only play if Marta is physically ready", a shame to see one of the all time greats missing at such a historic occasion.

Another box ticked for the Lionesses, will take a very special side to beat them this summer. A huge chance to end 57 years of hurt in World Cups.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was in London last night and was amazed to see the number of young women and girls come from the game - it was an incredible sight. When I first started watching football, 50+ years ago, the idea that a crowd of football fans would have been mainly female would have been dismissed as some weird fantasy. Well done to the Lionesses for helping bring about such a change.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not just sold out, read a guardian article ahead of the game and people had endured hours queueing online for tickets, game could have sold out several times over. Growth in the women's game is phenomenal.
It is great to see 'competitive' pricing for a game like this. I can't help wonder how many they would have sold were the prices similar to the men's game though? Which makes comparison hard and makes it difficult to measure how big the sport is. There were over 70000 at Wembley for a third division game the other day for example.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was in London last night and was amazed to see the number of young women and girls come from the game - it was an incredible sight. When I first started watching football, 50+ years ago, the idea that a crowd of football fans would have been mainly female would have been dismissed as some weird fantasy. Well done to the Lionesses for helping bring about such a change.
Brilliant isn’t it ? Was the same at the Amex for the Euros matches…..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is great to see 'competitive' pricing for a game like this. I can't help wonder how many they would have sold were the prices similar to the men's game though? Which makes comparison hard and makes it difficult to measure how big the sport is. There were over 70000 at Wembley for a third division game the other day for example.
The players are not being paid £100k+ per week, so there is no need to charge huge ticket prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here