Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Yes but I watch the footage on sky sports so that doesn't help! :lolol:... Although I have been reading the BBC sport text commentary during work hours which has Glenn McGrath updates from TMS I suppose...

Can't believe there's no Aussie on sky sports coverage though! Hopefully they get one for the next 4 tests!

Strauss has been a good addition to sky I must say!

Warne is in for the next 4 tests.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is free to air on the GEM channel here, one of those digital TV channels anyone can watch, so that's what we are doing and it's live!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Big partnership this, as things stand Australia would need around 90 when the new ball becomes available. I wouldn't have thought the tail would be able to live with Anderson & Broad with the new cherry. I'm also fairly sure they won't let Agar score as quickly this time round.

The new ball in this game has moved faster off the pitch and allowed the batsman to play more easily. hence the opening Aussie patnership. England's rate went up to around 4 an over when Clarke took the new ball. The older ball is slowing 5mph off the pitch and is harder to get runs from. England will stick with this ball until it disintegrates or the convicts have disintegrated.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The new ball in this game has moved faster off the pitch and allowed the batsman to play more easily. hence the opening Aussie patnership. England's rate went up to around 4 an over when Clarke took the new ball. The older ball is slowing 5mph off the pitch and is harder to get runs from. England will stick with this ball until it disintegrates or the convicts have disintegrated.

I don't think the tail will be able to live with the England quicks and a hard ball, once one of these 2 are out, also England bowled poorly with the new ball in this innings, it will make it easier to score but we do have runs to play with.

If Swann is tormenting them & the ball continues to reverse then I wouldn't take it immediately. If Swann bowls poorly again, we may well have to take it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Lets hope the old ball or the new ball does the business. I can take being wrong if it means we go 1-0 up in the series. In terms of cricket I could even take a loss as the Test was pure brilliance. We would have to go on and win the series though.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I miss Shane warne though! Where is the Aussie representative in the commentary box?

Shane Warne's currently playing poker in Vegas. Think his poker commitments meant he missed a test in the last Ashes series too. He will be commentating for Sky in all of the remaining tests, however.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wicket, two down two to go

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Thank god that was wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here