Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Screw just being tightened a little by England, breakthrough imminent

Where would YOU put him then? After their first-innings shambles. I would have thought about 7.
Seems about right. He may turn out to be a test batsman like Matt Prior ... capable of a big, match-changing score, but equally capable of disappointing. One test innings is no basis on which to make a real assessment.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Seems about right. He may turn out to be a test batsman like Matt Prior ... capable of a big, match-changing score, but equally capable of disappointing. One test innings is no basis on which to make a real assessment.

Any higher and you might upset the others. After all he's saved their bacon back home. If the Aussies were all out for 120 odd and then humiliated again in their second innings, it'd be a Cowdrey-type call for Punter!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bit surprised by Watsons continuing head shaking as he walked off, lets hope he will be a bit more understanding when he sees the DRS.

Jimmy Grimble

England now 5/6 favourites. Aussies 10/11.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Broad suddenly looks a better bowler, expect Swann to step up now.

Oz lose a wicket and England are once again odds-on favourites.

I trust there are no big banks betting my pension fund on this game.
And an unbroken partnership of just 5 runs for the second wicket brings both teams back to joint favourites. I'm finding the market movements quite illuminating.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone know what the song is that the Aus fans at the ground are singing about Shane Warne and Liz Hurley, as mentioned on the BBC text commentary?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It's a smart tactic to throw on a change bowler just before an interval, especially when making a breakthrough has been difficult. Batsmen often lose concentration thinking they've got it easy and can throw their wicket away.

D

Deleted member 18477

HUGE WICKET... Just before tea. Well bowled Joe Root!

Rogers or Clarke within the first hour of the next session would be massive! Both wickets would be amazing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here