Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No sympathy with the underarm bowling, dropped catch claiming Aussies in this issue about broad. He didnt claim he hadnt hit it, he just waited for the umpire to give him out.

Agree with that. Broad clearly looked at the umpire, saw nothing given, so wandered off to chat with Bell. It was an umpires error, end of.

Can you imagine a goalkeeper telling a football ref "Yes it did cross the line" if the ref had not given a goal :shrug:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
There is so much sanctimonious bullshit talked about walking/not walking.

The day I get called back by an opposing team after a shit decision against me.... is the day I start walking. It's not happened yet in 17 years of league cricket!

I have had many times when teams have known full well I got an inside edge and still appealed. The walking debate is just self-righteous nonsense created by bowlers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Aussies in freefall already after the first 2 balls.......marvellous scenes

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is it just me or does it seem very relaxed out there?

No pressure at all this morning, I know wickets can change all that but the aussies seem very flat and the ball isn't doing anything, barring a poor shot they could actually go on a bit here

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe getting ahead of myself here, but at what point if it ever gets that far, do people think England might even declare? Current lead of 286, so another 100/150?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Did you see that puff of dust when Siddle hit the foot marks? Australia have got no chance even now, England have plenty.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think England will just keep doing what they're doing and be bowled out around lunchtime so declaration a moot point. However, as a rule whenever you think England should declare add a session and that's when they will declare.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Australia won't get 300, so it is just the time needed to skittle them out really. 4 sessions is usually what they would aim at to do that.

As I posted that, Broad is out, so expect the Aussies in in about 45 minutes! Well played to him, even though he should have walked.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ton up Pattinson :clap::clap:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Australia won't get 300, so it is just the time needed to skittle them out really. 4 sessions is usually what they would aim at to do that.

As I posted that, Broad is out, so expect the Aussies in in about 45 minutes! Well played to him, even though he should have walked.

Make that 10 minutes now. Bell gone.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What was Gower smirking at just then when Strauss was saying England want to get up to at least a 350 lead?

D

Deleted member 18477

Maybe getting ahead of myself here, but at what point if it ever gets that far, do people think England might even declare? Current lead of 286, so another 100/150?

No point in that. Might as well have a slog and see what happens... If they were in the 3rd session of the day they might have declared already... England will target 350 I'd imagine... Be happy with 330 though and to see this through to lunch... Although 5 overs at the Aussie openers before lunch might be a good thing...

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Aussies highest successful 4th innings run chase against England in The Ashes is 284. Can't wait for today, I reckon it's going to be fascinating days cricket.

Misread stat, sorry. 284 is the highest run chase by any team at Trent Bridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here