Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm all for putting away the bad ball, but Bell and Prior are both chasing wide balls without any foot movement at all. :angry:

One or both of them is going to get out to a truly shìt shot before tea I should think.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Could that be the match deciding wicket? Big blow.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We need Broad, Swann or Finn to make a good contribution here. If one of them could get 20-30 and Bell stays in then we'll still be setting a reasonable target.

I'd like to see Broad, Swann AND Finn all bat sensibly, and look to occupy the crease as long as possible, while Bell accumulates runs.

Bell will score more at the other end in an hour, than Broad will by slashing for 15 minutes then hoing out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dunno about a big ton... 100+ with the tail-enders chipping in 50 around him is around 110 + extras..... wins us this game.

The Aussies won't chase 250+...
Bell has been lucky to survive so far. He has fished at too many outside his off stump without getting his foot to the ball. At some point, he's going to get done and it will be ruddy annoying as it will be a shìt delivery that does him.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd like to see Broad, Swann AND Finn all bat sensibly, and look to occupy the crease as long as possible, while Bell accumulates runs.

Bell will score more at the other end in an hour, than Broad will by slashing for 15 minutes then hoing out.

Even if they and Bell don't score runs this could all be about batting time. Not for the draw but for the fact that we'll have two spinners on something that should be pretty messy at the end of Day 4 and for Day 5.
KP got Clarke out last series as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here