Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think England will get exactly another 100 runs, all out 257, so a lead of 192. I think Agar will come in on 191-9 and be out for a duck. England win by 1 run.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Do they? Siddle - their number 8 - has an average of 15. That's very poor for a number 8.

He's fresh off an unbeaten 100 for Australia A & 2 50's in his last Test versus India. In this team he's really the 9 isn't he? Agar will slot in at 8, I suspect, his first class record is much better than Siddle's.

Lies, damned lies & statisitics eh....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love looking at the odds. Bell's boundary kicks the lead over 100, now the Aussies at evens, England 10/11.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The 2nd new ball is going to be key to this match. If England can get through it with 5 or less wickets in tact, they can breathe a bit easier.

I often wonder why they call it the 2nd new ball. Surely when you change ball for the first time it's the 1st new ball. The one you start the innings with is just "The ball", calling it the new ball indicates that there's an old one somewhere when we know that's not the case.

I might e-mail sky

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I often wonder why they call it the 2nd new ball. Surely when you change ball for the first time it's the 1st new ball. The one you start the innings with is just "The ball", calling it the new ball indicates that there's an old one somewhere when we know that's not the case.

I might e-mail sky

The ball you start with is new, so when you change it... you have a 2nd new ball being used.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here