Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Told you, we are batting like right FLIDS.

Oh well take this one on the chin, we really need to steady the ship after tea or this could be over by midday tomorrow.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its not there to avoid or prevent the controversy of tight decisions though, its to correct clear umpire errors (if you have a review left of course)

This. Some decisions will always be controversial. What technology simply does is INFORM the decision as best possible.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did no one else think it looked like bat onto pad? I've only been glancing over with the sound off, admittedly.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Maybe the England cricket team is not so wonderful and unbeatable after all ...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Didn't look like it and didn't sound like it. I'd like to know how the umpire thought it was not out. Decisions like this one and the video umpire's call on the Agar stumping make you wonder how legitimate this is.

Any doubt = not out. He must've had some idea that it may have been bat onto pad. Pretty simple really. I thought it looked slightly like it, the shadow causing a slight optical illusion - it looks a bit like the ball changes direction slightly, immediately post-bat.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anderson and Swann obviously. Prior and Trott probably. The rest go missing when it matters, or just shouldn't be there in the first place.

So Matt Prior is only 'probably not a bottler'? the guy who is easily the best wicket-keeper/batsman in the world? And who has bailed England out of tougher situations than this numerous times? That's big of you.

Same with Trott. Bottler? Ridiculous.

Cook, the youngest player in Test history to 7000 runs, including big, big tons in Australia, is a bottler?

Pietersen is a bottler? Bollocks - he's exactly the opposite - too much so.

The only player who I think you could level that at is Bell - he does seems to react badly to real pressure situations. Root, we don't know nearly enough about.

This is a very good side, that has just played 3 hours of sh1t cricket. You're talking like they are useless. Standard knee-jerk crap, tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here