Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Australia - 1st Test Trent Bridge

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey! An hour or so of the session being lame and all of a sudden we have a shit captain, rubbish selections/tactics from the management... have we lost the Ashes already?

Nope. Cook is not a great captain even when we're doing well.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What odds on this 18 year old debutant number 11 getting a TON?

Every. Single. Chance. He's coasting. Nothing can stop him now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Every. Single. Chance. He's coasting. Nothing can stop him now.

Good work! Trying the old reverse psychology trick. I like it :thumbsup:

(please, please work)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't disagree with the theory but there is no way Broad is a Test Match 7. Bresnan perhaps. Flower won't play 5 bowlers unless one of them could be played as a batsman alone, that's his theory not mine.

Has England named five out and out bowler's in a team in the last 10 years? or indeed anyone?

I can't see where the demands for the extra bowler come from, our bowling's saved our batting more often than the other way round.
If we had a genuine all-rounder it would be different but there's no point weakening the batting for a sake of a few overs here and there wheb we've a decent bowler like Root playing as well

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The worst thing about this is that it means we'll have to listen to Australian commentators repeatedly pronouncing the word debut as "day-BOO".

Which is fundamentally wrong, obviously.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Highest 10th wicket partnership in test cricket. :nono:

Shades of England at Lords against Pakistan when Broad walked in at 102/7 and put on 332 with Jonathan Trott

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If only Cook could call on Nasher to break this partnership...

I'm going to take the positive view that once this last wicket falls, the signs are good for easier batting for our top order (once they've got their ton lead of course)

I can't see Agar batting at 11 again!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sir Geoffrey reckoned he was out stumped on about 6, but the third umpire didn't give it :angry:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Has England named five out and out bowler's in a team in the last 10 years? or indeed anyone?

I can't see where the demands for the extra bowler come from, our bowling's saved our batting more often than the other way round.
If we had a genuine all-rounder it would be different but there's no point weakening the batting for a sake of a few overs here and there wheb we've a decent bowler like Root playing as well

Depends on what you mean by out and out bowler. When Flintoff was in his pomp this was regular but he was a genuine test all rounder. Flower tried it once against the Aussies at Headingly in 2009 and we were soundly thrashed.

Scorecard here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared...et/scorecards/2009/8/15082/html/scorecard.stm

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Now then England, you've seen how to score runs, don't bat like MONGS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here