Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To be honest every time I watch Moeen Ali bowl, I wonder he gets many wickets at all, he seems to pick up wickets but he just looks to me like he doesn’t particularly do much. Why Stokes has been left on I don’t know, been bowling here there and everywhere this morning.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be honest every time I watch Moeen Ali bowl, I wonder he gets many wickets at all, he seems to pick up wickets but he just looks to me like he doesn’t particularly do much. Why Stokes has been left on I don’t know, been bowling here there and everywhere this morning.

Anderson either be bowling now or not playing

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Really feel like we let them off the hook here, you have to wonder about Anderson fitness if he can only bowl that much, great as he is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England's morning that. Give it the full gun after lunch.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
This is test match cricket. Yes we probably should have given Anderson another spell but 83/3 is fantastic on what looks like a pretty decent wicket. Keep positive everyone!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unquestionably England's morning, just not to the extent that it could have been. They're certainly far from 'off the hook', but with a bit more discipline from the bowlers in the second hour, they ought to be closer to 60/3 and feeling under more pressure.

Some really cheap runs there.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
James Anderson fitness update: He has "tightness in his right calf", according to the England management, and will have a scan this afternoon. That does not sound especially encouraging for his chances of bowling again today.

:nono:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
James Anderson fitness update: He has "tightness in his right calf", according to the England management, and will have a scan this afternoon. That does not sound especially encouraging for his chances of bowling again today.

:nono:

Or indeed in the rest of this match.

This could be our 'McGrath treading on a ball' moment

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I thought something might be up with Anderson as he went straight of the field after a relatively short opening spell.

Worrying times for England. Broad and co need to really step up now!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sad, now makes sense why Root persisted with Stokes and Ali despite the fact they were bowling pies. Anderson is a legend, but sadly looks as though his body is letting him down.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Looks like my son called it right yesterday. Why bowl Sir Jimmy if he's not 100% when we have so many other options? FFS.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It is OUT... all day long... PLUMB AS!

Great wicket for England. :clap2:

TM Head lbw b Woakes 35 (61b 5x4 0x6)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here