Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If we do not lose any more wickets today it is highly likely and we will have a large lead. Leaving them 2 days and a session to save the game.

No it won’t. If we bat to tea tomorrow’s we will have a lead of around 200. Australia would then achieve parity around lunch day 4. They would then set us a target which anything around 150 would be tricky 4th innings.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No it won’t. If we bat to tea tomorrow’s we will have a lead of around 200. Australia would then achieve parity around lunch day 4. They would then set us a target which anything around 150 would be tricky 4th innings.
You can see us getting 480, and then Australia getting 350? I don't think our lead will be anything like that, and I certainly hope the cheats don't get 350.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You can see us getting 480, and then Australia getting 350? I don't think our lead will be anything like that, and I certainly hope the cheats don't get 350.

I don’t expect that although with a bowler down we may need a significant lead as Australia will fancy batting a lot better if they get past the new ball spell. If that happens I’d expect Ali to bowl a lot of overs and they have got 5 left handers, so that bodes well.

My comment was in response to BG who see’s it as Australia would need to bat for 7 sessions to save the test match. If they bat for 4 then we will have a tricky target.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By tea tomorrow I would expect us to be 250 in front and then 2 or 3 wickets after tea will open the game up.

I like the way you are thinking BG, I love the way your previous experiences of England collapses and ****ups hasn't dimmed your optimism.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
By tea tomorrow I would expect us to be 250 in front and then 2 or 3 wickets after tea will open the game up.
You thought the middle order was going to collapse a few hours ago!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whatever the outcome I’m enjoying watching proper test cricket. Of course I want to win and if we bat to tea tomorrow... and we can then that gives us a massive advantage. It’s just that bowler down business.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Root should back himself for a few overs, he has a few scalps to his name.
Couldn't hide my disappointment after the first days play, I went to bed with Aus on 122 for 8 and woke up to find all out for 284 !
Was expecting a score of around 150 to be honest, makes it more interesting though.
I can't watch Smith bat as it wears me out, so many twitches and tics, looks like someone on the verge of a breakdown.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which has happened in part but if one of these can stay with Bairstow a 250 lead is not out of the question especially if these 2 can put on another 50 before lunch.

50 runs in the session ? Was going to watch a bit but if that’s the plan I’m not going to bother.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Stupid bloody woman on TMS saying that the stump being brushed should mean out, read the Laws of the Game you silly mare...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Morning everyone. Here's hoping for another all day England batting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here