Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We can't let them get up to 200 here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Poor bowling in the late afternoon has let them off the hook and they will probably now get past 200, which they shouldnt have done.

I have some sympathy with the bowlers, 7 of the 8 wickets were either LBW, or edged to the keeper or slip. 5 LBWs tells you there was swing and movement this morning and after lunch.

Evening session with a 50+ over ball, the swing has halved from the morning session, there is very little going on off the pitch. This should tell England how to bat, that getting through that new ball will bring it's own reward later in an innings.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Poor bowling in the late afternoon has let them off the hook and they will probably now get past 200, which they shouldnt have done.

I have some sympathy with the bowlers, 7 of the 8 wickets were either LBW, or edged to the keeper or slip. 5 LBWs tells you there was swing and movement this morning and after lunch.

Evening session with a 50+ over ball, the swing has halved from the morning session, there is very little going on off the pitch. This should tell England how to bat, that getting through that new ball will bring it's own reward later in an innings.

Not forgetting we are a bowler down with Jimmy out as well.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Anderson is off the field with an injury too. A quality bowler down, and increased workload for the others.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is it just me or do we do this all the time? Letting teams off the hook with rubbish bowling at tail enders.

Jog on now Pete, we’ve had enough of this now.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
About time too. Bloody annoying partnership that. Taken them from an appalling score up to just a below par score.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What's the timing around England batting today? If we get this last wicket now, will we bat tonight?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here