Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Aussies - Day 5 @ Old Trafford.... COME ON!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not been following the 'test threads', this series, so I don't know if this has been done @ length or not.

He might well be a Sussex legend, but Tony Greig is so annoying.
Has he actually made any accurate comment on any of the shots played or decisions made.
He's even making me warm to Geoff 'I'd like a bat on that' Boycott.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I have enjoyed some of Boycotts commentary this series. His abuse of Jason Gillespie has made me chuckle a few times.

Grieg is an idiot.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We just need to be patient. A wicket before lunch would be desirable but if we don't get it then it's no disaster. Giles should turn the ball a lot later on and it should reverse a bit this afternoon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
We just need to be patient. A wicket before lunch would be desirable but if we don't get it then it's no disaster. Giles should turn the ball a lot later on and it should reverse a bit this afternoon.

Totally agree, for those not able to watch, it's not doom & gloom.
There's still plenty happening, edges into gaps, playing & missing etc.

It will come, the next wicket will lead to 2 or 3 soon after. (fingers crossed).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haydon out

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
30.5 Giles to Martyn, no run, turned away straight to Bell at short leg
who flicks it back on the stumps, Martyn is out of his crease but
Bell fails to hit the stumps, excellent piece of fielding there,
direct hit and Martyn was a goner!

:ohmy: :angry: Fucks sake bell you cant hit the stumps from short leg!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
2 down at lunch. Giles seems ominous, if he can get in to turn a bit more after lunch we're in business. 5 down by tea and we've got every chance.

Yep

Television replays show that Martyn got a nick to the first ball of Jones' previous over, but no England player appealed.:ohmy:

larus

41.4 SP Jones to Ponting, FOUR, edged and once again the fall goes through the gap between the slips fielders, Ponting was looking to play across the line on this occasion

Not happening for us yet. At least we're still creating the chances, just not going to the fielders. Long way to go yet though.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here