Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Andorra 5pm

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
3-0?

Brighton alone has got nine times the population of Andorra, it really should 6 plus

It’s a reserve team and we’ve averaged 4-0 against them the last 4 games. They’ve improved… So 3-0 is about par for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Absolute snoozefest. You can fast forward that whole half. England managed one shot on target.

Southgate has not only picked 3 right backs but also a team built to counter-attack when what they need is a player who can unlock the massed defence, like Grealish.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolute snoozefest. You can fast forward that whole half. England managed one shot on target.

Southgate has not only picked 3 right backs but also a team built to counter-attack when what they need is a player who can unlock the massed defence, like Grealish.

1 striker against cannon fodder.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love the commentator describing TAA's free kick at the end there as just a little bit high.

A little bit?

taa.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There’ve been a long line of strikers who didn’t truly make the grade for England eg Brian Deane, Jeffers, David Hirst.

Hopefully this is just one-off stage fright from Bamford. So tense so far, awful touch.

He’s 28 and had 1 decent season in the PL - He’s really not all that

Edit - I know Vardy was the same, but he offered something completely different.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've quite enjoyed it. Looks like the players are too. J-Lingz taking a bit of a kicking- hope he's wearing his Jessie Shinguards.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s a reserve team and we’ve averaged 4-0 against them the last 4 games. They’ve improved… So 3-0 is about par for me.

It's really not a reserve team is it? There's no such thing in international football so you can't hide behind that. They are all highly paid footballers who play in supposedly the top league in the World. Andorra have one player who plays in any top league and he's the right back.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I normally stick up for England but this isn’t a good performance so far. Bamford will probably end up with a couple but he looks so lethargic and his finishing even when offside can’t be described as clinical!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
International football doesn't get much worse than this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Pat Bamford been excellent so far, making some sensational runs that the midfield has unfortunately failed to pick up on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here