England U19's attendance record

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I'm not surprised that tickets are nearly sold out, but wonder whether the pricing of groups tickets might mean lots of empty seats? I was definitely going to get tickets for myself and my two brothers, but rather than spending £9 for 3 tickets I decided to get 10 tickets at 50p each, save myself £4, and offer the spares (free) to a few people that wouldn't normally go to a football match. I've not had any problems finding 10 of us in total - but I wonder how many people bought 10 tickets to make the saving but may not end up using them all? I would sincerely hope anybody on NSC in that situation is going to make damn sure they drag along enough people to fill their seats. Let's make sure the England U19's get that record attendance, and that they enjoy the atmosphere so much that we get more national games arranged at the Amex!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm not surprised that tickets are nearly sold out, but wonder whether the pricing of groups tickets might mean lots of empty seats? I was definitely going to get tickets for myself and my two brothers, but rather than spending £9 for 3 tickets I decided to get 10 tickets at 50p each, save myself £4, and offer the spares (free) to a few people that wouldn't normally go to a football match. I've not had any problems finding 10 of us in total - but I wonder how many people bought 10 tickets to make the saving but may not end up using them all? I would sincerely hope anybody on NSC in that situation is going to make damn sure they drag along enough people to fill their seats. Let's make sure the England U19's get that record attendance, and that they enjoy the atmosphere so much that we get more national games arranged at the Amex!

And the record is??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hopefully those who bought batches of tickets but couldn't offload them all will take their spares along.

[MENTION=17253]Art Vs Science[/MENTION] dipped out on the ticketline because it was sold out, and he won't be the only one. There must be a good chance of rocking up on the night and PONCING some spares off people I'd have thought.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If it sells out it should break the Amex attendance record of 20,686.
That's if every ticket is used. There's lots of people just buying in bulk to save money. Hopefully it'll be a genuine full house.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I don't really understand the ticket pricing policy.
Surely if they just had ticket prices at £3 adults and £1 kids and did not have the 50p group purchase we still would have sold loads and would not run the risk of having thousands of empty seats.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't really understand the ticket pricing policy.
Surely if they just had ticket prices at £3 adults and £1 kids and did not have the 50p group purchase we still would have sold loads and would not run the risk of having thousands of empty seats.

Agreed seems really stupid! @ £3 a ticket that is a bargain would have sold out anyway

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I'm expecting a turnout of around 15-16k

Dont disagree. Ticket office were talking people out of buying 3 as 10 were cheaper! Going to be loads of empty seats, and really annoying for those who didnt get to buy one in time.

Whoever dreamt up that ludicrous ticketing policy wants shooting!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was really hoping to take Oscar Jnr to this but looks like I missed out. And no wonder if people were buying 10 tickets at a time.

Anyone got a couple of spares for me and the littleun?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
look at it this way

you have 10 tickets dirt cheap so youre gonna give them away to your friends, kids , neighbours etc . alot of these may be new to the amex / the albion. if they enjoy it then they may hassle you to get them a ticket for a league match thus rebuilding our links with the community and showing more people what were about etc. cant do any harm in generating more interest / potential new fancs etc.

personally i couldnt give a f*** about england u19s though free or not but im hoping this ploy may get a lot of localkids going

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Thanks mate brightonseagull1. That's very kind of you. Much appreciated.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
I had 15, got rid of them all to my sons friends, some to family

The sons friends are really excited as they haven't been yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports