England U16's..The futures Bright

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Watched last two England U16 victory Shield games on Sky, against Northern Ireland (3-1) and Wales (4-0). We were fantastic and completely out classed both teams, of course England have a much much bigger player pool than both N.I. & Wales but the way Kenny Swain has got the team playing was a joy to watch. The England lads play with a confidence and arrogance that is more than matched by their technical skill, passing ability, movement and positioning. Over the two games more than a few showed that they have a realistic chance of progressing right up to full International level over the next 5-10 years, as long as they are properly nurtured by their respective clubs ( good to see MK Dons manager at both games supporting his 14 year old player Ojo who was awesome against both N.I & Wales.) It was also great to see that Noel Blake and Stuart Pearce were at the games, which shows to me that we are taking our International potential seriously from Youth level upwards. It will be interesting to see how the U19's perform next month at the Amex. But all in all I feel that the long term future of England is looking very very encouraging.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
...and then they'll get paid 50,000 a week at 21 and become useless prima donnas.

It's a shame and you're prob right, especially when agents get involved and start filling their heads with the potential riches they can earn. This is why I think it's imperative that they are looked after properly by their current managers.

Last edited:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's a shame and you're prob right, especially when agents get involved and start filling their heads with the potential riches they can earn.

It's not just the agents. A couple of weeks ago I saw a PFA magazine given to footballers. The adverts inside it were hilarious. All for ridiculous cars and watches worth incredible amounts of money.

Here they are in fact....

The watch on the right is 28k.

Attachments

• Ab5-c9FCEAAeoQH.png
    Ab5-c9FCEAAeoQH.png
    489.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Ab59EHqCQAADpvN.png
    Ab59EHqCQAADpvN.png
    463.5 KB · Views: 18

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports