Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england tonite

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
LADs night out on town, few ex-pats getting together to watch the game, the wenches can do their own thing. Jug of beer €10 while footie is on, makes sense to watch it. Feeling very 'meh' about the game though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can an english football fan simply not be bothered whether or not England takes part in a World Cup in BRAZIL next year ? I genuinely don't get it.

Will we win it ? No. WIll we be cack ? Probably. But I HATE it when we are on the outside looking in, not even invited to the party. I'll be watching both games DESPERATELY hoping we secure qualification, otherwise next years World Cup will largely pass me by if England aren't involved.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I for one will have the cross of St. George flying. I will be using my England mug for hot beverages all day and wearing an England related T shirt.
I can understand the apathy coming from non English people on here, but this is our National team playing...show some respect

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
but the England team is just SO dull these days, and full of journeymen players I care nothing about.

Oh for the days of....

So when Brighton had a crap/boring team for a number of years did you stop supporting them then? Or will you, if they have a poor team in the future?

We all know the EMNT is limited but that doesn't strike me as a good excuse to **** them off and start supporting Spain. You may as well do that with Brighton and start supporting Machester City if having a sexy team is the main criteria for your support.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Why do I put myself through it

Tonight's England v Montenegro match is on ITV so not only is there that god awful bunch of tuneless tosspots, the self-styled "england band", we also have the worst commentary pair of Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend. Couple that with a probably lacklustre performance from a bunch of over-paid prima donnas, Pug-faced Adrian Chiles' gormless inanity, Roy Keane's glowering and Lee bloody Dixon and it's set to drive me round the twist for two hours.
Yet I'll still watch it, I know I will.
I deserve all I get I suppose

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How can an english football fan simply not be bothered whether or not England takes part in a World Cup in BRAZIL next year ? I genuinely don't get it.

Will we win it ? No. WIll we be cack ? Probably. But I HATE it when we are on the outside looking in, not even invited to the party. I'll be watching both games DESPERATELY hoping we secure qualification, otherwise next years World Cup will largely pass me by if England aren't involved.

I'm completely with you on that, I just don't get it when English football fans don't get excited by England.

"Oh, but the disappointment."
"Always under-achieve."
"They're cack"

Etc etc etc.

Hang on, I kind of expect that from ManUre fans (from outside Manchester), who have picked their football team based on who is most likely to win. But we are BRIGHTON fans, we have picked the team to support based on where we from. So it's Brighton in club football, and England in International Football. Simples.

As you say Easy10, there is nothing more depressing than watching a summer festival of football with us playing no part. That IS more depressing than even watching us play as badly as we did in South Africa. At least there is the hope, the nights out, the crowded bars, with everyone willing the team on etc etc. How exciting is the night in the pub, or the night at home with family and beers, when England aren't there, and the game is Denmark vs Ivory Coast?

Come on EN-GER-LAAAND!!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's funny how some people wear their lack of interest like a badge of honour. I find it odd that someone can be a football fan and not have even the slightest interest. It's a vital World Cup qualifier, not some mickey mouse friendly.

People just following the masses . Brainless really .

I'm English , I love football so I will support

We may be shit but still my country and anyway a lot of decent youngsters out there and our strike force looks best it has for a long time . Things are looking up

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Tonight's England v Montenegro match is on ITV so not only is there that god awful bunch of tuneless tosspots, the self-styled "england band", we also have the worst commentary pair of Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend. Couple that with a probably lacklustre performance from a bunch of over-paid prima donnas, Pug-faced Adrian Chiles' gormless inanity, Roy Keane's glowering and Lee bloody Dixon and it's set to drive me round the twist for two hours.

I won't. It's Friday night, enjoy yourself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm completely with you on that, I just don't get it when English football fans don't get excited by England.

"Always under-achieve."
"They're cack"

Etc etc etc.

Hang on, I kind of expect that from ManUre fans (from outside Manchester), who have picked their football team based on who is most likely to win. But we are BRIGHTON fans, we have picked the team to support based on where we from. So it's Brighton in club football, and England in International Football. Simples.

As you say Easy10, there is nothing more depressing than watching a summer festival of football with us playing no part. That IS more depressing than even watching us play as badly as we did in South Africa. At least there is the hope, the nights out, the crowded bars, with everyone willing the team on etc etc. How exciting is the night in the pub, or the night at home with family and beers, when England aren't there, and the game is Denmark vs Ivory Coast?

Come on EN-GER-LAAAND!!!

100% this. If you want to look forward to the FINALS, then you've got to take an interest in these final qualifiers, surely?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's funny how some people wear their lack of interest like a badge of honour. I find it odd that someone can be a football fan and not have even the slightest interest. It's a vital World Cup qualifier, not some mickey mouse friendly.

It's the cool thing to hate on the England National team at the moment unfortunately, I find it all a bit sad, specially when the people hating on it then go and glory hunt themselves all over Spain or Germany. National team plastics are worse than Club plastics IMO.

I'll always be excited for a competetive England international.

"Always under-achieve."
"They're cack"

Etc etc etc.

Come on EN-GER-LAAAND!!!

All of those.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If you don't like telly commentary, turn the sound down and listen to the radio

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm actualy up for these two, they are important games against decent sides & for once we have an inform strike force (Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge & Defoe have all scored plenty this year.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
100% this. If you want to look forward to the FINALS, then you've got to take an interest in these final qualifiers, surely?

Exactly, and that is the sort of explanation I feel I have to give to my wife, who only watches football when England are in the Finals, but takes no notice of the quallies.

"We love those nights don't we?! All in a pub, or crowded round the telly at home. Beers, pizzas, screaming, shouting, maybe celebrating, but ultimately crying. Everyone gets excited, even your parents. BUT, for all of that to happen, we MUST win these games etc etc ... "

I have to explain that to her, but please, surely those of us on here don't need the explanation.

International Friendlies - yep, borefest in the extreme. Never recovered from the Sven era where he treated them as training games with 10 subs coming on. I no longer know when they are coming up, and pay them very little interest when they do happen. But QUALIFIERS for a MAJOR TOURNAMENT!! This is vital, as bollox this up, and my summer takes a massive nosedive.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I won't. It's Friday night, enjoy yourself.

Eh? What time do you go to bed?

If you have a big Friday night planned, just build it around the game. Start in a pub that's showing it, then go on somewhere to celebrate / commisserate, convincing yourself that we can either "do something next summer" or "perhaps still qualify" depending on what has just happened.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I always find it amusing how some people on here and in general 'aren't bothered' until we make the quarter finals or something and then jump on the bandwagon. I will be 100% behind England tonight, a World Cup in Brazil which we'd be missing out on would be devastating.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Get yourself in the pub for the game mate. You won't even HEAR the commentary, it could be the sound track of Peter Andre and Jordan getting jiggy for all you'll hear.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Get yourself in the pub for the game mate. You won't even HEAR the commentary, it could be the sound track of Peter Andre and Jordan getting jiggy for all you'll hear.

"A truly magical night in store, Andy."

"Absolutely Clive. I'm expecting plenty of action. Hopefully lots of penetration from the lad Andre tonight."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This. Remember it's incredibly fashionable to not be fussed, and show how you're more not fussed than anyone else.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only issue is ITV are so sh1te at this, I may experiment as only one in tonight and have 5-live and a silent TV but does the Radio commentary get out of sync ?

Oh and looking forward to the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here