Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Football] šŸ‘England thread official

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well I kind of agree that thereā€™s better out there but it was very close to winning a tourno - a matter of luck - though agreed at 1-0 we should have gone for it. WC was very unlucky - nothing to do with GS though. But who is out there that could get the team winning tournos? Itā€™s a tough one tbhā€¦
With the current England squad a quality coach wouldnā€™t becoming second, against Italy the subs were a mess second half it was there for the taking.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Spain are losing to Scotland!
And still Gilmour can't get any game time, so it's not just the Albion.

By the way - fair play to Scotland, that is a superb result but, my God, what an ordinary Spanish side.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I boycotted the Qatar WC and fully expected to bounce back to watching England.

At the same time, I started watching more non-league football (I went in the opposite direction if you like.)

As a result, I find myself in a strange situation. The bounce back hasnā€™t happened. I feel no engagement with the international game. And Iā€™ve worked out that it is international football that I care little about. Itā€™s not England, I love England, itā€™s everything to do with FIFA.

Iā€™d registered that there was an international break, but had no idea when England were playing or who. Itā€™s quite liberating. A shame, but liberating.
I think the problem is everyone puts emphasis on England. I pay a sub to ViaSport just to watch Euros. I've seen a few games over the last weekend and it's been really enjoyable. England was just a sideshow.

Scotland v Spain was an oddity. Scotland barely had to earn their win. Not sure the Castillo will last long. He has little experience of managing big names.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just wanted to park this somewhere.

Kane for England
32 of his 54 goals were scored against...
San Marino
Albania
Bulgaria
Montenegro
Panama
Kosovo
Lithuania
Malta
Andorra
Nigeria
Scotland
Senegal
Slovenia
Add the 18 penalties...
Means he's scored 4 goals from open play in decent games.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just wanted to park this somewhere.

Kane for England
32 of his 54 goals were scored against...
San Marino
Albania
Bulgaria
Montenegro
Panama
Kosovo
Lithuania
Malta
Andorra
Nigeria
Scotland
Senegal
Slovenia
Add the 18 penalties...
Means he's scored 4 goals from open play in decent games.....
Because that's who England have to play against. Rooney's goals are almost all against shit teams. He has two against Brazil, and scored against France, Argentina and the Netherlands and, er, that's it. The rest is boot filling against the likes of Estonia, Kazakhstan and Andorra :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here