Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Football] šŸ‘England thread official

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Missed both goals was bouncing in the concourse šŸ¤£ lot of love for the Albion from Carlisle, Brum, Villa, Bolton etc tho šŸ¤£

No Southgate lover here but find myself sticking up for him cos people go too far.. would like someone more tactically brave - that Potter fella would have been good the way he managed Brighton šŸ¤£

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Against Shit sides, itā€™s never going to win a tournament.
Well I kind of agree that thereā€™s better out there but it was very close to winning a tourno - a matter of luck - though agreed at 1-0 we should have gone for it. WC was very unlucky - nothing to do with GS though. But who is out there that could get the team winning tournos? Itā€™s a tough one tbhā€¦

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Missed both goals was bouncing in the concourse šŸ¤£ lot of love for the Albion from Carlisle, Brum, Villa, Bolton etc tho šŸ¤£

No Southgate lover here but find myself sticking up for him cos people go too far.. would like someone more tactically brave - that Potter fella would have been good the way he managed Brighton šŸ¤£
Took my lad, he thinks England nowhere near as good as Albion (took him to West Ham game!) I think we had many years of not being in a position to kill games off in the second half like we did tonight ā€¦ how many times were we still trying to find a winner against inferior opposition?

Wasnā€™t a good watch second half but job done. Potter next for England

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Took my lad, he thinks England nowhere near as good as Albion (took him to West Ham game!) I think we had many years of not being in a position to kill games off in the second half like we did tonight ā€¦ how many times were we still trying to find a winner against inferior opposition?

Tbh mate I had a great at time and pissed and got the caps so canā€™t comment šŸ¤£ but yeh, never forget McClaren etc and 94 too. We just beat the 2 best teams in the group and weā€™re going through to Germany - will be brilliant šŸ‘

13F94B25-2216-4127-9BE2-E0D76822C95E.jpeg

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London

Bellingham looks bloody good though. 19 years old! But Maddison is a luxury player, in my view.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
England are not shit, they just not worth watching. Wake me up when the tournament starts. I tried to watch the game today but the team and the atmosphere were just dull. Southgate has a job to do and he will get it done, heā€™s had a good week, but that was as compelling to watch as a bureaucrat ticking boxes on an official form.
Well, you have to get through these DULLARD games in order to reach the tournaments. I must have a rack FULL of "Classic Thrilling Quailfying Campaigns" DVDs. Oh....wait. No, I haven't. I doubt any other country has either.

I'm puzzled as to why people think all these games are going to be like Brazil v Italy 1970, and then get all pissy when they're not.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I boycotted the Qatar WC and fully expected to bounce back to watching England.

At the same time, I started watching more non-league football (I went in the opposite direction if you like.)

As a result, I find myself in a strange situation. The bounce back hasnā€™t happened. I feel no engagement with the international game. And Iā€™ve worked out that it is international football that I care little about. Itā€™s not England, I love England, itā€™s everything to do with FIFA.

Iā€™d registered that there was an international break, but had no idea when England were playing or who. Itā€™s quite liberating. A shame, but liberating.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I boycotted the Qatar WC and fully expected to bounce back to watching England.

At the same time, I started watching more non-league football (I went in the opposite direction if you like.)

As a result, I find myself in a strange situation. The bounce back hasnā€™t happened. I feel no engagement with the international game. And Iā€™ve worked out that it is international football that I care little about. Itā€™s not England, I love England, itā€™s everything to do with FIFA.

Iā€™d registered that there was an international break, but had no idea when England were playing or who. Itā€™s quite liberating. A shame, but liberating.
Blimey, a principled football fan. Where does this lead I wonder?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You need to know how long to suspend him before you can actually suspend him, or else it will end up in a court of law.
I'm not talking about his suspension, I'm saying he should not be picked for England while this is going on.

The same goes for the sex pest.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I thought I would take the opportunity t get away from International football on a lads weekend in Copenhagen. Went down fro breakfast Saturday morning and bumped into the England Senior Over 60s team. Smashing friendly bunch of lads and happy to say that the Southgate bias, doesn't reach that far. Was wonderful to meet Garry Nelson, still playing at 62.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I went and took wife and child. you can just make us out in the photo above - we were sat int he top tier above the Ukraine fans - look - im waving!!

my thoughts were this (in no particular order)

bastard to get their by car - M4 roadworks didn't help.
couldn't get anything to eat or drink in the immediate vicinity. - probably rookie mistakes made here.
easy to get into ground - very impressive size and views.
Christ it was cold
Almost as cold as the beer.
Ā£4.20 for a diet coke!
boring second half.
bastard to get away by car

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure where you parked but probably better to drive to a tube station and travel in like Uxbridge, Amersham, Harrow / Wealdstone. Thereā€™s pretty good options around Wembley for food / drink now but agreed not brilliant. We normally eat (and drink ! ) in London and then travel in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here