Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well deserved call up for Bowen, been outstanding all season

5 right backs? No Dier/Maddison who have had an excellent season

Maguire being in the squad is a joke

Bowen & Justin included in England squad
Here is the 27-man squad that Gareth Southgate has picked for June's four Nations League games...

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Marc Guehi, Reece James, James Justin, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Tripper, Kyle Walker, Ben White

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Well deserved call up for Bowen, been outstanding all season

5 right backs? No Dier/Maddison who have had an excellent season

Maguire being in the squad is a joke

Bowen & Justin included in England squad
Here is the 27-man squad that Gareth Southgate has picked for June's four Nations League games...

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Marc Guehi, Reece James, James Justin, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Tripper, Kyle Walker, Ben White

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling

Southgate is a joke, he couldn't pick his nose !!:ffsparr:

Maguire !!! god help us

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Adding more and more defenders without removing any is interesting.

Edit: Oh, no Mings. But still.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
James Justin seems an incredibly random/pointless selection. Decent enough player but spent most the season out injured and is no more than a 4th/5th choice RB in this squad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Conor Coady, Marc Guehi, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Ben White: I would say that - Stones apart - Dunk is better than all of them.

The problem is that one of our CMs is going to have to babysit the errant CB picks to accompany Stones, and that will detract from the team's ability to attack which - ultimately - cost us the Euros.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pleased to see the omission of Mings, and can understand why he's kept Maguire, even if personally, I think he's crap. Some managers just can't visualise a back four without at least one absolute unit in it. Trippier straight back in after about 45 minutes, seems strange.

Hopefully Henderson being phased out, as barely plays these days. The midfield in that squad does look short of quality, in general. Only Bellingham and Rice are top level players. Gallagher might be when he calms down a little. Phillips and Mount are pretty average, JWP a low-end PL footballer with a world class set piece.

At least there is some real quality in the forwards.

Madison should be scouring his family tree, right now. Fantastic footballer in fantastic form, constantly ignored by a dullard with a personal grudge.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Maguire needs to be in there. May of been poor domestically but has proven he is top class for England even when in the news for other things / poor form.

Alot of the players have credit in the bank after 2 brilliant tournaments.

In southgate we trust

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
That's a real Southgate squad.

Too many defenders.

Players woefully out of form rewarded, notably Maguire.

Players in form rejected

Justin, is a good prospect, but hasn't done enough.

We still look a squad who might get a few goals, but lack of clean sheets will cost us

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've just realised he's picked six centre backs, five right backs and no left backs.

His record speaks for itself but he does make some utterly baffling decisions.

Three at the back with one of the right backs playing left wing back? Jack Grealish LWB?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I've just realised he's picked six centre backs, five right backs and no left backs.

His record speaks for itself but he does make some utterly baffling decisions.

Three at the back with one of the right backs playing left wing back? Jack Grealish LWB?

Luke Shaw is the shoe in but injured. No harm using this to have a look . Trippier played there in the Euros and that turned out pretty well anyway

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Luke Shaw is the shoe in but injured. No harm using this to have a look . Trippier played there in the Euros and that turned out pretty well anyway

Indeed. Saka also knows the role well (so although not ideal) can play there in a left-back shortage.

I'd actually rather see Southgate not shoe-horn in a left back into the squad that he can't possibly see himself taking to a major tournament but instead work on "who would I play there if I had an injury to Luke Shaw etc in a tournament".

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I thought Shaw played the Euros? He scored our goal in the final didn't he?

I know if fit he'll select Shaw and Chilwell, I just find it strange that there isn't anyone English capable of playing there when they're not selected rather than a right back. Surely he could put one of the U-21's there?

Anyway, like I said, his record speaks for itself, he just makes some outwardly baffling decisions.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we're not going to see England play as well as Brighton whoever Gsouth picks so its a MEH from me Clive

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's super, smashing, great to see Bowen included.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To be honest, last time one of our players was selected for England, they got bought by a 'top 6' team. I'll happy have nobody in Southgate's squad if we can keep them all as a result.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here