Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Southgate persists with 3 centre-backs then he'll always need 6 in the frame, particularly CBs that are comfortable on the ball like Lewis. Therefore, I fancy Lewis is still on Southgate's radar.

Beating Millwall in the Cup will guarantee at least one high profile Wembley match, possibly two, and if he shows the nation what he can do in those games it's looking good for the lad.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think Southgate made a rod for his own back suggesting current form as the key criteria - thats fine when you start and want to change stuff, but with this squad he is showing that form is not the key criteria but one that can be used or discarded as he sees fit.. he will no doubt cite that others have "earned" the right to be selected given past performances. With players like Dunk, I can't see why you would involve him in the squad for one international meet only - the chance to see him again in that set-up would seem quite sensible unless he has already seen something that he doesn't like. I don't buy the recent performances bit - Keane is part of a terrible Everton defensive unit recently, Tarkowski similarly through the season and Maguire and Leicester have been very inconsistent..Dunk has not always been at his very best but hardly been 3 or 4/10 performances. I think its a shame for Dunk, a little bit unfair, but is good news for the Club in coming weeks.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dunky is a better player than Keane or Tarkowski. That's not just Brighton bias.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently neither Southgate or any of his staff was at Smelhurst to see Dunk perform

But he will have watched the match and it won't have escaped him Dunk set up our first goal with a 50 yard pass.

Southgate has proved he can pick the right players and integrate them.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Stones is injured and Man City manager wants him to withdraw from squad - though no doubt he will have to report and then withdraw injured

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dunky is a better player than Keane or Tarkowski. That's not just Brighton bias.

Dunk is a better footballer Tarkowski has more physical presence and more like Duffy. Keane is somewhere between Dunk and Duffy in attributes. Neither has had a better season than Dunk IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here