Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England squad for EURO 2016 preparation matches

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I'm more than happy with the full backs we have, not so keen on the CB's. Dier used to play as a CB, but I can't see him moving from midfield except for in an injury crisis.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Delph, Townsend, Sterling and Wilshire are a joke.

- Sterling has scored ONE goal and NO assists since December 26th. That goal was against Aston Villa in a 4-0 win.
- Wilshere has played 142 minutes of football with no goals or assists. He also has scored 7 goals and 14 assists since 2009. Alli has scored 10 goals this season and 12 assists.
- Townsend and Delph, well they won't make the cut so no point in commenting.

Although we don't really have much else. Antonio would have been a good one, can play right back, right midfield and upfront. Possibly Noble in for Wilshere as he can take a pen and cares more.

Stumpy Tim

We look sh!t all over the park, except arguably up front. Put this midfield into context - Leicester's Kante was one of the players of the season here - he'd absolutely WALK into our first team. For France, he's FIFTH choice. I look at our midfield and don't see anyone with sufficient class to both keep the ball in tight circumstances and prevent the opposition from doing the same. Ali and Drinkwater I'm happy with, but nobody else.

Our defence is, as you correctly point out, utter toilet.

I quite like our midfield. Ali is quality, and Wilshire's vastly underrated by many due to his injury problems. He's a class act when he's fit

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Isnt Henderson an injury doubt? Townsend's had a good finish to the season, i'd take him over Milner.
My 3 to drop out, Milner, Delph & Rashford.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rashford surely can't go? Would be like Walcott in Germany all over again.

Delph will hopefully be one of the others. Offers nothing, and not remotely good enough on the ball.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rashford, Delph and Milner for me would miss out for me.

We have enough options in midfield to not have to take a utility man like Milner

Dier i assume offers cover at centre half if required.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sterling shouldn't be there.

No way, he's been shit all season.

Don't know why we are taking 4 full backs

Walker/sterling/Delph need to miss out

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Rashford surely can't go? Would be like Walcott in Germany all over again.

Delph will hopefully be one of the others. Offers nothing, and not remotely good enough on the ball.

All Walcott seemed had to have in his favour was being lightning quick, conjuring up the spirit of lil' Mickey O. From the little I've seen of Rashford, he does seem to have presence and no little skill. Though you're right of course, if he goes, he could end up having a Towell of a tournament...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
This is England or This is England.

Makes me feel old

image.jpeg

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Andy Carroll should be in there. He would offer something different, he would frighten the life out f teams coming on for 20 mins if we losing. He'd be unplayable.
I never understand this, if Carroll is unplayable and frightening why not start with him? Why wait until we are losing and desperate?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I never understand this, if Carroll is unplayable and frightening why not start with him? Why wait until we are losing and desperate?

You've answered your own question with the very last word.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Three centre backs! One gets injured and the other two can't go near anyone for fear of picking up bookings. I would at least taken....... oh. Three centre backs it is then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
3 keepers, 7 defenders, 11 midfielders, 5 strikers.

You'd expect to take 3 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers normally so on the numbers I'd expect him to drop 2 midfielders (Delph, Milner) and a striker (Rashford).

I still think we're a central defender light and terribly exposed if Cahill picks up an injury.

Certainly the weakest England squad I can remember for a major tournament. Too many ifs, buts and maybes about it. Things could get ugly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here