Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england squad for denmark friendly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I the only person still unhappy about Ben Foster's inclusion.

Foster huffs off because he's not as good as Joe Hart.
Hart gets drunk on power and becomes sh*te.
Foster comes sniveling back saying he didn't mean it.

Stick it up your arse sunshine, you didn't want to play, now you're not.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Henderson, Gerrard, Sturridge, Sterling - all part of the highest scoring team in the Premiership. Surely good for England? Tell Rooney to play the Suarez role (apart from the biting) and you may have England winning things. That said the useless ******* in charge won't see it that way. Simple. Innit.

The useless **** who has managed Halmstads BK, Bristol City, IK Oddevold, Örebro SK, Malmö FF, Neuchâtel Xamax, Switzerland, Inter Milan, Blackburn Rovers, Grasshopper Zurich, Copenhagen, Udinese, United Arab Emirates, Viking, Finland, Fulham, Liverpool, West Bromwich Albion and England.

I think we should sack him and put 'Albumen' from the internet in charge, who thinks we'll win things if we tell Rooney to 'play the Suarez role (apart from the biting).

Job done.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Am I the only person still unhappy about Ben Foster's inclusion.

Foster huffs off because he's not as good as Joe Hart.
Hart gets drunk on power and becomes sh*te.
Foster comes sniveling back saying he didn't mean it.

Stick it up your arse sunshine, you didn't want to play, now you're not.

No, you aren't. It's what I believe is known as a 'Carragher'.

You don't want to play for your country? Fine. **** off. Don't come back.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The useless **** who has managed Halmstads BK, Bristol City, IK Oddevold, Örebro SK, Malmö FF, Neuchâtel Xamax, Switzerland, Inter Milan, Blackburn Rovers, Grasshopper Zurich, Copenhagen, Udinese, United Arab Emirates, Viking, Finland, Fulham, Liverpool, West Bromwich Albion and England.

I think we should sack him and put 'Albumen' from the internet in charge, who thinks we'll win things if we tell Rooney to 'play the Suarez role (apart from the biting).

Job done.

hehe Gimme a tournament. International football is a doddle.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I'd rather some of the lads in the under 21's would get a chance, especially for a friendly. Some really exciting and skill full players in there atm. After a look through the current youth squad the future of our national team is very bright

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Seems a bit top heavy on midfielders and goalkeepers. Not sure why you need 12 midfielders and 4 goalkeepers for a friendly. Other than its size, the squad selected is what you would expect. It's unlikely that a pragmatist like Roy Hodgson would be calling up several uncapped curveballs 3 months before a World Cup tournament and I don't really see who should be in the squad who isn't there. Luke Shaw's elevation is an exception because of his talent and because Ashley Cole has been so short of games at Chelsea that Hodgson has to give consideration to leaving him out of the World Cup squad.

Hodgson will always find space in his squad for players who work hard when the team doesn't have the ball, which in fairness, will probably be over half the time in England's matches against Uruguay and Italy, hence why he always picks James Milner and Tom Cleverley. I'd say that he is overcautious though and in doing so, he overlooks the nub of the problem, which is that if you focus on picking a group of players that are accurate passers when put under pressure, then you will be chasing after possession a lot less and won't then be knackered at the business end of the tournament.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bloody hell, that is SUCH a weak squad - possibly the weakest in my lifetime.

Doubtful. I'm probably younger than you but i can remember a team with Carlton Palmer in the squad.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I have a lot of respect for Roy but his continued inclusion of the useless Cleverly is profoundly irritating.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
hehe Gimme a tournament. International football is a doddle.

To be fair you'd probably get us to stumble through the group stage and then go out to the first top class team welcome up against. Which is no worse than any of the other managers who were paid millions of pounds to do the same job.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
My team at the World Cup would be something like-
Hart
Walker Cahill Lescott Baines
Gerrard
Barkley Henderson Sterling
Rooney
Sturridge

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Caulker and Smalling. We really are scraping the barrel. Problem i cant think of too many players who i would choose in front.

If we had some real talent to choose from then i wouldnt be happy with that squad. But the manager has to work with what hes got. And when whats hes got is mediocre, you have to expect a mediocre squad.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here