Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England Squad announcement shortly

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well surprise surprise reading breaking announcements.

Marc Guehi of Palace FFS is in for Conor Coady.

How on earth is any Palace player near that squad, that's shameful Southgate, his pro Palace bias is obvious.
I thought Palace played okay last night, but I didn't see any evidence of Guehi being an exceptional talent at centre back.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The thing is, you can kick off, but I'm not sure who you would drop from that squad (in the attacking positions) to bring in Solly.

Phillips and Henderson is very underwhelming. I really wanted to see Morgan Gibbs-White called up. Exciting young player.
So we have four players who don't play football at the moment
And one who won't be playing football for a while

So glad that our players don't have to play for that useless imbecile

People on here saying he should have gone after the World Cup
He should have gone well before the World Cup

A serial failure in everything he has done, everything

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Southgate just said that he thinks Rashford, Foden and Grealish are ahead of Solly. That's fine but they don't even play the same side?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
If I were Dunk or March – and, for the record, I am not – I'd come out and declare myself unavailable until a new England manager is appointed. None of it makes any sense, none of it.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Maguire and Phillips should not be anywhere near that squad.

Gallagher and Mount also lucky to be included.

TBH, March never really stood a chance with Rashford, Foden, Saka and Grealish ahead of him and competing for two positions. I reckon Colwill would have got in ahead of Guehi if he hadn't been injured.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
As much as Solly and Dunk may be rightfully dissapointed. From a selfish point of view I'm glad they aren't going away to get injured with that gang of wànkers. Hendo and Phillips....😅
Toney included when he is about to receive a ban from football? Or is he?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Harsh for March, better for us… I wouldn’t want any Albion player coached by that PE teacher, with his trusty copy of football coaching for beginners tucked under his arm, and his insistence that no subs can EVER be made until 60 mins.

What a complete tit.
From a purely selfish point of view this but FFS :facepalm:

It simply proves that you can be top class consistently for 2/3rds of a season, at the top end of the Premier and still get totally ignored if your name is Dunk or March. Hope they continue to stuff this selection back down his throat with their remaining games this season :tosser:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
who are you dropping from these for March out of interest ?

Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Right.
So.

Chilwell and James who have spent most of this season injured - IN
Maguire who is a relentless DONKEY - IN
Kalvin Phillips who must be forgetting what a football pitch feels like as he spends his career on the BENCH - IN

No room for Lewis Dunk who is consistently one of the best performing defenders in the entire f**king country. Nor Solly March who is in the form of his life.

Shambles.

Gareth Southgate is a coward. Absolute fraud.
A clueless coward yes, but you can't accuse him of not being loyal

Loyal to players who've made mistakes.
Loyal to players hopelessly out of form.
Loyal to players not getting a kick domestically.
Loyal to his beloved Palace.

So much want that tactically useless failed Middlesbrough manager gone.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To think that we witnessed an England international in Guehi last night.

Completely passed me by.

Anyone would think that Southgate favours his old clubs.
The BBC's MOTM last night was Lewis Dunk with 7.38/10. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62859264

Guehi? 4.85/10.

If anyone would like to explain to me what Guehi has that Dunk, Webster and Colwill don't have, I'd love to know.

Other than the England manager's clear bias towards his old team's players, that is.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Wasn’t Guehi’s only appearance for England in the 4-0 thrashing at home by the mighty Hungary? Southgate hates Brighton and loves palace. That’s why I will never get behind the national team while that spineless moron remains in charge.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
who are you dropping from these for March out of interest ?

Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford).
Yes, if Solly was a defender with his level of performance non inclusion would be baffling. But, to be honest, I hadn't even thought about him with regard to England selection.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So a player with a very probable 6 month (hopefully longer) ban looming gets picked?

I’d have no problem with Toney making the squad in normal circumstances but at the moment with a FA charge hanging over him it’s not a good look.
This.

And (frankly) also the flasherman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here