Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1699542253469.png

I know it's been said plenty of time, but Al-Ettifaq really does look ridiculous alongside your Manchester Cities, your Bayern Munichs, your Real Madrids.

Still, I'm sure his experience will be vital at the sharp end of the tournament, when facing the likes of Mbappe and Fati...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The call up must now be in doubt after Dunky picking up that groin strain. Hoping he's fit and well, but the fella has played a lot of football
Was so glad he went off at HT. Couldn’t believe he played on after he tweaked the groin, you could see on his face and the way he gripped his groin it wasn’t one he was going to run it off.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Was so glad he went off at HT. Couldn’t believe he played on after he tweaked the groin, you could see on his face and the way he gripped his groin it wasn’t one he was going to run it off.
Making a substitution at half time is a bit of a free hit, so I think they nursed him through to that, had a proper look and gave it a quick rub, and then did the right thing.
I'm more concerned that Pervis only lasted 10 mins, there is obviously something longer term hanging around there

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Making a substitution at half time is a bit of a free hit, so I think they nursed him through to that, had a proper look and gave it a quick rub, and then did the right thing.
I'm more concerned that Pervis only lasted 10 mins, there is obviously something longer term hanging around there

We wouldn't have wanted to use a second substitution window in the first half, meaning we'd have to make a triple sub in the second half if we wanted to use our full allocation. With hindsight it was an even better decision not to take him off until half time as we'd have probably ended the game with 10 men when Pervis got injured.

The reason Dunk could have been taken off at half time could have just been the muscle tightening up as the players rested up in the half time break (i'm sure the commentary team or the pundits mentioned this), all the time he was out on the pitch and keeping mobile the muscle was stretching and keeping warm, he could play on. If that is the case it might not be too serious and some treatment from the physio could see him playing Sunday.

I know I said above that we wouldn't have wanted to use a second sub window in the first half, but had there been real concerns over the seriousness of the injury we would have taken him off immediately.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did Lewis need a recall on his batteries? I heard several manufacturers are entering head long into battery manufacturing and there may be many recalls on batteries in the next several years.
Have you nicked my mushrooms

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Dunk has withdrawn from the England squad due to injury. Shame as this was a good opportunity to get his first competitive cap with England having already qualified and the fringe players hopefully getting a chance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk has withdrawn from the England squad due to injury. Shame as this was a good opportunity to get his first competitive cap with England having already qualified and the fringe players hopefully getting a chance.
A shame but with only 1 more squad left before the Euros, his place in the summer looks pretty nailed on now, IMO.

Rest up Lewis - more than earned it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Southgate's seen how impressive Dunk can be at the international level.

No point in jeopardizing that by playing whilst carrying an injury.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Squad for Brazil and Belgium games announced at 2pm today. Final squad of the season before the summer.

With Guehi out injured, surely Dunk will be in?

The Athletic had 6 of their writers give their Euro24 squads. Not a single one had Dunk in, absolutely blows my mind.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Squad for Brazil and Belgium games announced at 2pm today. Final squad of the season before the summer.

The Athletic had 6 of their writers give their Euro24 squads. Not a single one had Dunk in, absolutely blows my mind.
Was going to mention the Athletic article too, No Dunk for any of 6 football journalists.

Most have Colwill in and 1 even has Tomori ahead of Dunk which is madness

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Last week's performance didn't help...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have you seen our defensive record?
That's based on how De Zerbi plays though, isn't it? We take FAR more risks as a side now.

Not like Lewis Dunk has just magically become a much worse CB. You'd hope at the top level people would be smart enough to spot this. England scouts anyway, maybe not journos...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here