[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bellingham and Kane world class, Italy don't have players of that calibre.

Imagine what England could be like with Pep or De Zerbi in charge.

Even then, Phillips should have seen red and the last 20 mins might have been altogether different.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
To be fair Maguire hasn't done a lot wrong tonight, which means he will probably start when England exit in the quaters or semi final in the next competition

As opposed to the game he played where he was at fault for one goal and scored an OG yet still gets picked.

Face it, he'd still get picked over Dunk with 2 broken legs in traction and using a Zimmer frame.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
IMO Stones is not a top-class defender, all fur coat and no knickers. Stones and Maguire together is an accident waiting to happen. If Rice misses a tackle/interception, as he did for the goal, they are in trouble.
Bellingham and Kane paper over the cracks very well.
If any CDM over commits on a tackle or interception then both centre backs are automatically in trouble whoever they are. The whole tactical point of Rice and Phillips is to screen the back four.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
First home defeat of Italy since 1978, I hear.

I remember it well. England were playing 12 men that night. Even as an 8 year old I was so angry at the ref that even @Icy Gull would have told me to pipe down.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
Bellingham and Kane world class, Italy don't have players of that calibre.

Imagine what England could be like with Pep or De Zerbi in charge.

Even then, Phillips should have seen red and the last 20 mins might have been altogether different.
Yup, let's keep looking for negativity. Both managers you mention need to work with players everyday to make it work. International managers don't get that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
**** TRIGGER WARNING!!!! ****

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

:mad: they spelt Dunk …. Dier.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Joe Cole and the C4 team are exaggerating in overdrive.

First 45 we were awful, second 45 much improved, Bellingham and Kane outstanding, elsewhere some nothingness eg Phillips.
Awful? Awful is being 3 down and not being able to keep the ball. Awful isn't going in 1 1 having had more posession and more shots on target than the opposition.

It wasn't a great first half from either side and Italy had the brightest moments but if you think that was awful then I'm surprised you didn't top yourself after the Albion showing at Villa the other week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Awful? Awful is being 3 down and not being able to keep the ball. Awful isn't going in 1 1 having had more posession and more shots on target than the opposition.

It wasn't a great first half from either side and Italy had the brightest moments but if you think that was awful then I'm surprised you didn't top yourself after the Albion showing at Villa the other week.

Statues at the back being used as training cones by Italy. Rashford selfishly running into blind alleys. Maguire punting it 50 yards to Italians. Rice and Phillips being given the run around. It was shit.

I’m talking performance, which is different as you well know to the scoreline eg Bmuff giving us the run around for 45.

Very relaxed about it either way. Unlike a wound up bringing suicide into the thread.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember it too, C4 wrong, it was 1977.

Coppell, Brooking, Keegan all class.

But we also beat them in 2012 at Wembley.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19238374
No, it was me that was wrong. They did say 1977. It was the November. And the Italians got away with everything. I remember my Mum, who wasn't crazy about football, going nuts. You know how I defend refs, but those were different times. There was something fishy going on that night. Tardelli was absolutely brutal against Keegan, full on elbow smash to the face, you'd be arrested for that now. No action. Keegan retaliated after another foul (in the penalty box) with a push and got an immediate yellow. It was so blatant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports