[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was surprised to see Southgate in the crowd at Man C and Burnley yesterday. I thought he has said he doesn’t pick players on form, so why watch the games ? Great that Maguire put in such a good performance at Turf Moor though.
It was the only match on at that time. I expect he had been to watch at least one other match earlier in the day. It’s his job.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Screenshot_20231011_201533_X.jpg
Screenshot_20231011_201443_X.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any whispers on tonight's line-up yet? Will he play?

A reminder of the central defenders in the squad:

Levi Colwill (Chelsea)
Lewis Dunk (Brighton)
Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace)
Harry Maguire (Manchester United)
John Stones (Manchester City)
Fikayi Tomori (AC Milan)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Levi Colwill (Chelsea)
Lewis Dunk (Brighton)
Fikayi Tomori (AC Milan)

Southgate has suggested he will use the squad, prompting rumours Colwill will play. I'm sure we, and others, would see it as logical to play Dunk alongside him. Perhaps, he'll want to give Tomori a game though.

Levi Colwill (Chelsea)
Lewis Dunk (Brighton)
Fikayi Tomori (AC Milan)
I think he may be unused with a view to next week as he played his 90 against Scotland, this might be another experiment. Colwill surely gets a shoe in.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Presumably he'll play either Guehi or Maguire with Stones against Italy so tonight will be two from the rest. It'd be great to see Dunk partnered with Colwill but there aren't any left backs in the squad so Colwill will probably play there tonight.

My guess for the Italy game will be: Trippier/Guehi(or maguire)/Stones/Walker so we could get a back four tonight of Colwill/Maguire(or Guehi)/Dunk/Tomori. Possibly TAA at right back although the England website has him down as a midfielder.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he may be unused with a view to next week as he played his 90 against Scotland, this might be another experiment. Colwill surely gets a shoe in.
He's been playing left back for Chelsea, so he's almost certain to start at Centre-Back alongside Maguire who hasn't been playing for Man Utd. Maybe he'll start with Stonesy, who hasn't been playing for City due to injury.

Starting every game and playing well is irrelevant to Southgate's selection decisions.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Levi Colwill (Chelsea)
Lewis Dunk (Brighton)
Fikayi Tomori (AC Milan)
Dunk showed Gareth what he could do in the Scotland game. Deserves to keep his place. But equally now he knows what LD is about he might take another look at Tomori or Colwill.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think the waistcoatwanker will pick Levi and the Palace short arse tonight with his beloved MaGuire and Stones for the qualifier.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Needs a serious FA enquiry, if not an actual criminal enquiry, as to why Southgate keeps selecting Slabhead. It's certainly not for footballing reasons. Can only assume that Slabhead has compromising photos of Southgate and an escape goat. Or sheep. :sheep:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Levi Colwill (Chelsea)
Lewis Dunk (Brighton)
Fikayi Tomori (AC Milan)
82g77m.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The dream scenario is that LD is picked tonight and puts in another MOTM performance. Maguire comes on for the last 10 mins and scores 2 own goals, meaning we only squeak the game 3-2.

The noise is then deafening for Dunk to start against Italy alongside Stones. He does so and we win every game ever after.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm generally not arsed about England, but I noticed there's no official match thread on here. Is that normal? If not, we're loose.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Apparently it's going to be Dunk and Colwill tonight, then I assume it'll be Stones and Slabhead for Italy.
That would suit me. The Italy match is a free hit for us. We will qualify anyway so if we lost due to Maguire muck up then dunk more likely to play in future and he will have a rest before a busy day vs city. Although beating Italy could go some way to knocking them out so would rather win. Maybe win 3-2 with two mess ups.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Times today has as it's possible back 4 tonight: Alexander-Arnold, Dunk, Maguire, Colwill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports