Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Superb result and put the sweatys in their place as usual 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Putting the jocks in their place is what means most to me and I’m delighted Dunk was part of the destruction of a third rate football team on their own turf.

Long may they boo our national anthem and if they want their independence they can have it together with the economic costs

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Here’s a stunning stat …. Dier …. 49 England caps.
"Maguire became just the second substitute to score an own goal for England, after Eric Dier against Australia in May 2016."

(BBC Sport Match Stats)

Dier Maguire.

Less of a list, more of a general comment.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Putting the jocks in their place is what means most to me and I’m delighted Dunk was part of the destruction of a third rate football team on their own turf.

Long may they boo our national anthem and if they want their independence they can have it together with the economic costs

You’re falling into the trap expertly set Salmond, who also wanted the English to tire of the Scots. The nationalist card.

Most Scots who support their team wouldn’t want independence. Remember there are born n bred Scots who instead support the ROI.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You’re falling into the trap expertly set Salmond, who also wanted the English to tire of the Scots. The nationalist card.

Most Scots who support their team wouldn’t want independence. Remember there are born n bred Scots who instead support the ROI.
That’s right. When they put their “sensible” hats on they realise Scotexit is a silly idea, but when they put their football scarves on they hate England.

Ps - some Scots also support NI but I’m not sure what that has to do with anything 😉

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016

Born and bred Scot’s who also support the Albion; it’s not binary.
I don’t want independence.
I also won’t mention England fans who started chanting ‘England, England’ in minutes silence to remember Craig Brown.
it’s footie innit 🙄

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
IMG_0235.jpeg

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Dunk is scoring well in the public votes that’s a huge compliment as they’re always going to be skewed towards players from the clubs with most fans. From what I saw he was typically magnificent. The dynamic is interesting. You could see his disappointment when Harry Maguire messed up but more reserved than the reaction you’d expect if that happened in an Albion game. As it has to be I suppose for the ‘new boy’ but, in every other way, his body language said ‘natural leader’. Heartened to see so much play going through him. It looked like the senior players trusted his touch completely. Really hope he’s made a big impression this time.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
More than a little upset that Lewis was not mentioned in the post match talk. I did think that after a performance like that he should have got some praise but it is what it is!
Got plenty of praise during the match and in the moments after the final whistle by the commentary team. His performance has not gone unnoticed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bellingham is much, much better than the heights Gascoigne reached. He's already one of the best players in the world.
For 4 short weeks in the summer of 1990, Gazza was the possibly best player in the world. It’s tragic that he seemed to have so many mental health issues the contributed to the demise of his career from that point onwards, and I don’t think his mates helped either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here