[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This a million times over. I actually feel sorry for the bloke as no one's going to say thanks for the offer of a cap, but no thanks.
Southgate is throwing him in the fire. Everyone in their right mind knows he shouldn't be there. Must be a massive mental health risk for the bloke. Money doesn't change that...
They said on commentary Colwill hadn’t trained regularly and if Guehi picked up a knock then he had to be replaced. But why not Tomori?

Part of me thinks Dunk has buried Slabhead’s international career tonight. But part of me worries Colwill or Tomori will be sacrificed to keep the bellend in the squad somehow.

On a macro level that was excellent tonight. Another England performance I enjoyed @Badger Boy and so did our away fans by the sound of it. But on a micro level that HAS to be Maguire done.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ramsdale booted it aimlessly more times than any Brighton keeper has done combined in the last 50 games.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
All we needed was them both on the pitch at the same time. Yes Maguire is out of form and probably struggling mentally but Southgate has played a blinder there, leaving nobody in any doubt who is the better player.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I am overcome with pride, tears in my eyes. Lewis, our boy, for our country. 😍😍😍

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Still 7 matches with an Albion defender on the pitch NO OPPOSITION player has scored against England ( a massaged stat).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ramsdale booted it aimlessly more times than any Brighton keeper has done combined in the last 50 games.
Yep. And I know @hans kraay fan club said Pickford is great with his feet but I disagree. He’s got a good, accurate long ball but he can’t play like Bart or Jason or Alisson or Ederson. And Pope is the worst of the lot.

Brighton fans are spoiled watching RDZ ball because we’re able to sign or train players to play it. A Southgate team is never going to play that way with our three keepers.

However we were much more ambitious tonight. The double pivot of Rice and Phillips and solidity of Dunk & Guehi in the first half allowed our creative players to push up.

The key for England is still being more solid in our weaker areas, allowing the creative players to play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports