[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was actually going to bet on that . Especially if Maguire plays - however I would have imagined a 7/2 type. Just checked and 9/2 on betfair and Paddy Power is 7/2 - not 10 - 1 . So basically you just made that up!
He already said it was a Playcard offer so presumably a boosted promotion price.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Dunk and Colwill tonight is such an obvious thing to do this evening. We need to be looking at Maguire alternatives - he will barely get on the pitch this season - there is a tried and tested partnership waiting to be blooded and it really doesn't matter if it goes wrong as it is a friendly. On that basis, Harry will play.

Southgate has done a lot right with the culture of England which is a world away from when BFS left but the games against Croatia and Italy (I wouldn't include France in that though) exposed his lack of in game management. In the Italy game, Mancini just pushed 10 yards up the pitch and Croatia lumped it to the big man in extra time (against Kyle Walker at CB) and both times he just stood there with his hands in the waistcoat. Finishing Saturday with Henderson, Rice and Gallagher on the pitch is a case in point that nothing has really moved on in thinking.
I think he will play Dunk and Colwill together - but purely to assess Colwill playing alongside someone he is comfortable with - I think this is the main reason that Dunk is there, or at least why Dunk didn't play on Saturday, so that he can partner Colwill tonight. I'm pretty sure the partnership that Southgate wants for the Euros is Stones + Colwill.

Lets see anyway.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Something like ……..

----------Ramsdale

--Walker Dunk Colwill Chilwell

------------Rice

Saka Bellingham Foden Grealish

----------- Kane

Would be a very very tidy side. Sure Rice would need some help, but like you say a one goes, one sits policy, with either full back or wingers would work nicely and might help to life the air of apathy currently over the national side
I'd love to see a team like that.

Stones for Dunk and maybe Rashford for Grealish and I think that would be the strongest possible side we could put out if everyone was fit.

For tonight I'd like to see

Ramsdale

Trippier
Dunk
Colwill
Chilwell

Rice
Bellingham
Foden

Grealish
Wilson
Eze

Bring on Tomori, Trent(in midfield...) Gallagher, Nketiah and Rashford at half time/sometime in the second half. I know it won't happen but it would be nice if it did. Everyone gets game time over the two games and the younger/newer players get some international experience.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's Tomori I feel sorry for. Not sure what else he has to do at club level to get a start.
Listening to some Podcast the other day, I heard the belief is that England need a centre back to win headers, and that Tomori isn't big enough.
Says everything you need to know.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like Ramsdale, Trippier and Walker have been confirmed to start.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's getting to the point that not only would I put up with Smug in charge, I'd probably campaign for it. This is what Southgate has forced me into :down:
Smug Eddie? No thanks

I really don't get why it has to be an English manager. There are good managers all over the world to select from when the time comes.

Is the thinking at Erikson and Capello were crap so it has to be someone English?

Seems a bit backwards to me.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Absolutely no point in calling him up, if there was no plan to see him in action tonight.
Genuinely beggars belief that an international manager would do that to a 31 year old.
Probably got no intention of playing him. Just wants to pick his brain about RDZ's methods.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What am I obsessed about ? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Seemingly quite a lot.

1694519941215.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports