[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

And apparently Dunk isn't good enough?

Make it make sense.
It is not even about Dunk as such, its about he has rewarded Henderson and Maguire 90 minutes and they have not kicked a ball in the PL this season.

What message does that send? it encourages average performances.

It is predictable Bellingham and Maddison are the first ones hauled off ahead of Henderson

Ben white should be playing, where is he?

Arguably Dunk has missed the boat now, but we have 3 youngish CBs to move forward with, they need game time.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Watching England is like watching paint dry, very predictable, and I'm glad that I missed nearly all of that match.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolute dog turd performance and now we will hear Southgate go on about it being a difficult game to play given the circumstances and a passionate crowd blah blah blah
And again about how we might have to look to the Championship for players when we have absolute top class players like Dunk sat on the bench watching relentless cloggers like Maguire leading the line.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Do we simply have to accept that the level of tactical coaching to compete at the top club level (which we now have the pleasure of watching on a weekly basis) requires hours each day for weeks on end to achieve.

Something national coaches will not be able to achieve. And sticking 11 of 'your best' out there is all any national coach can do :shrug:
A lot of truth in this but the coach can still motivate them on the day and make game-changing decisions during the match. Someone like De Zerbi, or even Potter, would have no chance at all to implement their ideas but RDZ would have them running through brick walls for him, for sure. One reason I always felt Redknapp would have been a good England manager back in the day because, for all his tactical limitations, he could make players feel ten feet tall.

That said, there must be some merit in tactical nous. Hoddle was good on that score (but bad at the man-management).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It is not even about Dunk as such, its about he has rewarded Henderson and Maguire 90 minutes and they have not kicked a ball in the PL this season.

Maguire has made 1 appearance, 24 minutes this season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know what you mean and agree that some of the criticism is OTT. However, this is a bit rubbish, isn't it?

Do we really need Henderson in there along with Rice?
Second half was indeed shite. I though subs were meant to improve a team?

Guehi was at fault for their goal (but not alone). He moved back to destroy the line, forcing slabbers back too....then the goal scorer wasn't marked....Forest level defending.

Second half toothless. Why take Bellingham off? Gallacher is devoid of class. Henderson rubbish. Play too slow.

Oh well. I'm trying to avoid bitterness because slabbers played and Dunk didn't, and that wasn't why we were a bit shit. Four minutes extra was too little.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh Harry this is look at me in Brazil :ROFLMAO:.

Allow some of us to indulge in Southgate hysteria of hate.

I'm going to Romney Marsh tomorrow for 4 days in my caravan, 15 miles from where I live. In this weather it allows me to pop home to Water the tomatoes.
My point was I was not surrounded by Southgate hating chums, or subjected to tedious English commentary. From my detached environment I (etc etc).

But, yes, why not? Look at me. I'm in Brazil. Shall I tell you about the weather? :lolol:

Give your tomatoes my best regards Pilty :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gareth Southgate has been fantastic for England in every respect bar that final, slightly important aspect - tactics on the pitch in the big games.

Thanks Gareth, you leave the side in FAR better shape than you found it, but it’s time now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you ask him if it's just like watching Brazil?

(I'm guessing it's not.)
To a man everyone I talk to here stopped thinking about the national team after the loss against Germany. Club sides only.

A bit like many Brighton supporters.

Southgate OUT!

(Is that better? ??? :wink: )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think your mate might have put something in those brownies, Harry ???
Luckily I was able to rekindle my disappointment and disgust in the second half.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So with England failing to win, there are only 3 European countries left with a 100% record in their groups.

France. Portugal.

And Scotland.

Put in a performance like that on Tuesday and @Tom Hark Preston Park might just be having a extra wee dram post-match.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My point was I was not surrounded by Southgate hating chums, or subjected to tedious English commentary. From my detached environment I (etc etc).

But, yes, why not? Look at me. I'm in Brazil. Shall I tell you about the weather? :lolol:

Give your tomatoes my best regards Pilty :thumbsup:
How are the nuts Harry?

My Tom's are wonderful, little salt fresh basil and a wonderful cheese

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports