[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why is the most advance Midfielder having to track back? there is enough defenders and DMs on the pitch, which in a nutshell why England struggle.
I get your point but I can’t quite see where any of the midfield are playing, incl Rice

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm watching this round my mate's house in Brazil. Portuguese commentary. England look decent. Top of the group. Maguire annoyingly solid. Maddison is no striker but also no stinker. I have read through some of the posts above and honestly it's like reading Potty, JCFG and wokewanka giving their views on the Corbyn/Starmer government.

Get a f***ing grip, some of you. FFS!

:lolol:

I know what you mean and agree that some of the criticism is OTT. However, this is a bit rubbish, isn't it?

Do we really need Henderson in there along with Rice?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How's Slabhead doing? Presumably quite well for him as only conceded the one?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know what you mean and agree that some of the criticism is OTT. However, this is a bit rubbish, isn't it?

Do we really need Henderson in there along with Rice?
I tend to agree here.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s quite a come down from watching Brighton. Dublin summed it up when he said England were just relying on individual brilliance. A kind way of saying they aren’t being coached, although he wouldn’t have noticed that implication. I’m not watching the 2nd half. Not even bothered if Dunk comes on.

Do we simply have to accept that the level of tactical coaching to compete at the top club level (which we now have the pleasure of watching on a weekly basis) requires hours each day for weeks on end to achieve.

Something national coaches will not be able to achieve. And sticking 11 of 'your best' out there is all any national coach can do :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Do we simply have to accept that the level of tactical coaching to compete at the top club level (which we are now watching on a weekly basis) requires hours each day for weeks on end to achieve.

Something national coaches will not be able to achieve. And sticking 11 of 'your best' out there is all any national coach can do :shrug:
He has been in the role since 2016 and coached some of these players with the U21s before hand, that is more than enough time to put in place a plan rather anti football.

We also have the players that when unshackled show every week they are at a very high level.

Other managers of top nations manager to put a style in play, or at least move away from the same tactics

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Do we simply have to accept that the level of tactical coaching to compete at the top club level (which we now have the pleasure of watching on a weekly basis) requires hours each day for weeks on end to achieve.

I think it'd just be nice to have an identity. Or to be a bit surprised by selections.

Overall though I think you're probably right. You stick your best 11 out and hope for the best. But the best 11 have to have played at least 90 minutes of club football in the last decade.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Watching England is a painful experience after watching a team coached by RDZ.
It's a hard watch. It's like watching Palace, dinosaur tactics.

FFS Southgate you could achieve a lump dick after 5 blue pills.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think it'd just be nice to have an identity. Or to be a bit surprised by selections.

Overall though I think you're probably right. You stick your best 11 out and hope for the best. But the best 11 have to have played at least 90 minutes of club football in the last decade.
You have to have a system as well though. Southgate has no ideas.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rashford really

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Maguire has played more minutes for England this season than he has for Man Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports