[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Noises from those “in the know” are that he will be IN today.

The Man City players are being rested so no Stones or Walker helps him a bit potentially. Shame, as I’d love to see him and Stones as a partnership.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No, no he won't

But against all logic, and all football common sense

Harry Maguire will be
Yep Slap Head is nailed on to start l'd say. The fact that he has been only a bit part player for Manure all season is a meaningless detail for Palacegate . . . l mean Southgate.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was Team Yes yesterday, but this morning I've seen the comments made by RDZ that Dunky might start tonight on the bench as he's been playing with injuries...that might balls up his England recall.
Dunky starting on the bench? who on earth is going to partener Colwill in central defence then? RDZ has already said that Webster will only be half fit for tonight.

I like Van Hecke, but he and Colwill will be torn apart byHaaland and his mates.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunky starting on the bench? who on earth is going to partener Colwill in central defence then? RDZ has already said that Webster will only be half fit for tonight.

I like Van Hecke, but he and Colwill will be torn apart byHaaland and his mates.
Not convinced Haaland will start tonight.

Man City have two mammoth games upcoming, they will rotate a few tonight.

I’m not saying they won’t take it seriously at all, but Ake was on 5live yesterday and basically said “we have two games left this season” and he was referring to the two finals.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Coady won’t be in and Dier and Maguire have not been playing regularly.
Stones and Walker apparently not being picked due to City commitments. On that basis, Lewis should be in.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Where was this said?
https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/spo...-zerbi-and-brighton-ahead-of-man-city-4155207

In the article they say that Dunky 'could begin on the bench against champions Manchester City tonight due to ongoing calf, back and neck issues.

“He’s playing with a lot of problems because he has calf and back problems but he is playing every game,” De Zerbi said ahead of the clash with Pep Guardiola’s champions. “Tomorrow he can start on the bench but I don’t know because if he can play with me in Brighton, he has to play always.”'

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not convinced Haaland will start tonight.

Man City have two mammoth games upcoming, they will rotate a few tonight.

I’m not saying they won’t take it seriously at all, but Ake was on 5live yesterday and basically said “we have two games left this season” and he was referring to the two finals.
Hmmm Citeh scare me, even when they aren't taking it seriously.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/spo...-zerbi-and-brighton-ahead-of-man-city-4155207

In the article they say that Dunky 'could begin on the bench against champions Manchester City tonight due to ongoing calf, back and neck issues.

“He’s playing with a lot of problems because he has calf and back problems but he is playing every game,” De Zerbi said ahead of the clash with Pep Guardiola’s champions. “Tomorrow he can start on the bench but I don’t know because if he can play with me in Brighton, he has to play always.”'
He is pretending to be injured, prioritising Brighton over England. Once he isn't picked, he will be back at full strength.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On the basis that he is only getting selected because others are being rested, he should tell the waistcoat to stick his call up where the sun don’t shine.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I think he will this time, but just have a sneaking feeling his calf issues may mean he has to withdraw. (Playing with calf problems as mentioned by the Argus)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oh totally get that.

I think we'll lose something like 2-0 but should be an intriguing game tactically.
Yes l'm really looking forward to it, I'll be a bit calmer now that the pressure is off us somewhat.

I know in his prematch comments that RDZ would be going all out to win the game, but l wonder how far we will actually push for the result, now that Europe has been achieved.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think he probably will this time.

As others have said, so much media chatter about it, no smoke without fire etc.

Doesn't really make up for the years he's been ignored for Maguire etc, but hey, pleased for Dunky nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports