Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But what happens if Marc Guehi is fit?
I reckon they're "taking a look at" Brandthwaite, as they often do with young players who are impressing.

Stones, Maguire, Dunk, Guehi seems like the 4 to me. If Dunk impresses again in these games, I reckon that'll be the case. Southgate just doesn't seem to fancy Tomori, chance for Colwill also.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he’ll make a fortune, have a very good career for top teams and retire youngish a multi-millionaire then move to Spain 😂
He looks like he already lives in Spain.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Completely unfair, IMO.

Whatever went on at the World Cup, was clearly handed very badly indeed - and there's seemingly an ongoing issue on a personal level between the player and someone on the England management staff.

The bottom line is that White is an excellent player, whose ability to perform at a high level in two positions, would make him a very useful member of a tournament squad. But he won't be playing for England again until Southgate (and Holland) have gone.
You didn’t watch the press conference just now then…! Most of what you’ve said is allegedly untrue…

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You didn’t watch the press conference just now then…! Most of what you’ve said is allegedly untrue…
I don't think anything Southgate said contradicts any of that?

Southgate is saying the door is open, but I suspect White doesn't want to play for England under the current set up - due to whatever happened.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very pleased for him but suprised on recent form
He's been steady, largely, and has a long track record of performance in the EPL.

Very pleased :cool:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
All this White stuff is ott if you ask me. He seems a good kid to me. Arteta said he was future captain material and he's just signed a new contract at Arsenal. That wouldn't be happening if he wasn't right mentally.
All he said, once, was something like 'I've never really watched football, I prefer paddle boarding'. This idea that he hates football has become a very easy stick to beat him with (along with his tan). Everything he does on the pitch, and all the noise coming from Arsenal is he's a really focussed and professional young man.
Whatever happened at the WC happened. But let's leave the kid alone. And enough of this 'how dare he not want to play for his (my) country' guff.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think anything Southgate said contradicts any of that?

Southgate is saying the door is open, but I suspect White doesn't want to play for England under the current set up - due to whatever happened.
Suggested there’s no issue and the Holland thing is untrue. It’s poor from White from what I can see, playing for your country should be an honour and he seems a bit of an oddball these days too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But what happens if Marc Guehi is fit?
Tomori must also be frustrated that he doesn't make it. Colwill as well. Hard to predict if he's on the plane to Germany. But you'd argue he's now got to be a probable.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
All this White stuff is ott if you ask me. He seems a good kid to me. Arteta said he was future captain material and he's just signed a new contract at Arsenal. That wouldn't be happening if he wasn't right mentally.
All he said, once, was something like 'I've never really watched football, I prefer paddle boarding'. This idea that he hates football has become a very easy stick to beat him with (along with his tan). Everything he does on the pitch, and all the noise coming from Arsenal is he's a really focussed and professional young man.
Whatever happened at the WC happened. But let's leave the kid alone. And enough of this 'how dare he not want to play for his (my) country' guff.
Yeah if I ever made it and played for my beloved Brighton I would have opted out of playing for England. Just doesnt interest me. Why is that weird?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
All he said, once was something like 'I've never really watched football, I prefer paddle boarding'. This idea that he hates football has become a very easy stick to beat him with (along with his tan). Everything he does on the pitch, and all the noise coming from Arsenal is he's a really focussed and professional young man.
Whilst I agree with the vast majority of this, I reserve the right to take the piss out of that ridiculous tan.

I'm sure he's a nice lad (and I find the 'doesn't watch football' thing a refreshing positive), but I can't help but think he's a plum because of that tan!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah if I ever made it and played for my beloved Brighton I would have opted out of playing for England. Just doesnt interest me. Why is that weird?
Just like it isn't odd that Dahoud has changed nationality to Syrian. Or our entire cricket and rugby teams are made up with people born and brought up all over the world.
People can be so precious about Engerland FC.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Absolutely agree with the Henderson sentiment in a friendly. Just trying to think of a young English midfielder that deserves a call up though. We have some great players but not that many of them.
Ross Barclay.

He's been a revelation in that midfield anchor role for Luton, running the midfield, gets in the box has scored a couple.

On form I don't know how you could choose Henderson over him?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Suggested there’s no issue and the Holland thing is untrue. It’s poor from White from what I can see, playing for your country should be an honour and he seems a bit of an oddball these days too.
We don't know what happened ultimately. Southgate could be saying there's no issue moving forwards, doesn't mean there wasn't a bust up originally. Who's to blame for that original bust up? No idea.

But I get the sense White isn't popular generally with a number of others in the England set up - seen him squaring up to Foden, Grealish, Walker and others on more than one occasion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair play well done Dunk...

Henderson though...
Surprised by these:

Defenders: Branthwaite, Chilwell, Dunk, Gomez, Konsa, Maguire, Stones, Walker.

Midfielders: Rice, Henderson, Gallagher, Maddison, Bellingham.

Forwards: Bowen, Foden, Gordon, Kane, Palmer, Rashford, Saka, Toney, Watkins.

Would have liked to have seen Barkley, Ramsey (J), Livramento in the squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here