Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England squad announcement - Lewis Dunk RECALLED!

Will Lewis Dunk be selected for England today

• yes

Votes: 69 53.5%
  • no

Votes: 66 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thought Dunky was pretty good. One misplaced pass to his right 2nd half and a couple of headers he could have got nearer, but classic Dunk block 1st half and some good passes too especially one to Foden which set up an England break (squandered as were most of them!).
Player cam

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No one wanted that game . Players playing half pace .

Not much to judge . I’m sure we will be tournament ready again under Southgate

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the ref had a good game.

lights blue touch paper*
Thought she was very good. I liked her no nonsense booking of Irvine for his volley of abuse.

So many of our EPL referees try to be “mates” with the top players. She acted as if she’d never heard of them.

Now go and do the ironing love😉😉

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
If he isn't picked for Italy, then shame on the whole set-up. It'll completely discourage players about their chances of playing in a major tournament, at least whilst waistcoat wanker is in charge.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunk was decent enough, that was a fantastic block on the line. But he only played it forward a couple of times at the most. England were so laboured and leaden, stroking it round the back it just didn't have the snap we're used to seeing at BHA, probably because Johnston clearly isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet. The buildup was so s-l-o-w, nobody was breaking the lines in midfield. Bowen was non-existent, nothing came off for Grealish, Gallagher is quite clearly NOT an international, and as for Henderson...what the f*ck he is still doing in an England shirt absolutely baffles me.

It was such a shit game, they actually managed to make 81,000 people sound like a half-empty Madejski.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Solid performance from Dunk!
Just one misplaced pass. A goal save. Two very incisive long passes.

How the poor bastard adapts to Southgate's lack of tactics is beyond me, though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk's 7.09 rating on BBC webiste ahead of everyone, inluding matchwinner Watkins on 6.49 and TAA 6.09. Everyone else 4s and 5s. He couldn't have done more. MOTM for me.

I also enjoyed seeing him and Colwill playing together again. Good debut for Levi, great to see.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk was decent enough, that was a fantastic block on the line. But he only played it forward a couple of times at the most. England were so laboured and leaden, stroking it round the back it just didn't have the snap we're used to seeing at BHA, probably because Johnston clearly isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet. The buildup was so s-l-o-w, nobody was breaking the lines in midfield. Bowen was non-existent, nothing came off for Grealish, Gallagher is quite clearly NOT an international, and as for Henderson...what the f*ck he is still doing in an England shirt absolutely baffles me.

It was such a shit game, they actually managed to make 81,000 people sound like a half-empty Madejski.
It was obvious after 5 minutes that Johnstone should not have been on the pitch. In fact, should not of been on the pitch (that's me being 'inclusive')

If you want to deal with the low block you need Dunk, Stones and Colwill in a 3. And tell them to play clever, like Dunk can.

He was wasted in that defense, because the tactics were absent. Spare man half the time.

They always say that England are not as good as the top 'division 1' sides. That now includes Brighton.

If only Venables hadn't been a bit fly, and a bit racist in his selections. . . . what a coach, though. <sigh>

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here