Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England playing away to Poland, at Wembley.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
How many of that 60,000 will be corporates, tourists and the various other types of silent fan?

I reckon with 18,000 in the "away end" the Poles will comfortably make more noise than the "home end."

I just don't see why we would risk the £££s that qualifying will generate, in extra for a few extra quid tomorrow. We should be doing EVERYTHING we can to maximise home advantage, not give it away and hide behind some nonsense about "they'll only get tickets in the home end otherwise.

Spot on.
If we don't win this game, we face a qualifier where we may well face one of Portugal, France, Sweden or Croatia. I'm not confident we'd beat any of those at the moment.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Its a tad embarrassing that Wembley no longer gets to full capacity! It doesn't help tickets be ridiculously priced...

so over priced that the Polish are taking up the tickets? (one assumes they are, there's no story "polish allocated seats unsold while English fans denied")

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Have to agree it's making me even more nervous. The Poles will be right behind their team unlike our usual Wembley selection of suits and Japanese tourists.

Exactly. It will force the England fans to raise their [generally poor] game.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Can't see what all the fuss is about. A few loud, drunk Poles going out and having a sing song...just like any normal work day in England generally

From my perspective I would rather we didn't give the Polish players anything MORE to play for than professional/national pride on Tuesday evening.

Playing away at Wembley in front of 20,000 of your own fans is one possible reason their players will lift their game, and may not just roll over if 1-0 down.

In the final analysis this decision may only work out to make a very small percentage difference, however at international level that's all it takes.

For a game of this importance to England, it would like BHA giving the opposing team supporters more tickets that they need for a game that could see us promoted...........which is nothing short of ****ing madness. For that reason alone there should be a "fuss".............and a bloody big one at that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its a tad embarrassing that Wembley no longer gets to full capacity! It doesn't help tickets be ridiculously priced... Neither do the performances on the whole. But you would expect for a game of this importance Wembley to be a complete sell out with England fans!

I know, that 4-1 the other night was a right old load of shit, loads of exciting young players playing attacking football.

:dunce:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm a bit baffled why having a larger away section is an issue. They'll still be outnumbered by the England fans (whether they're corporates or 'real' fans (as some elitists like to class them)) and it'll make for a great atmosphere.

It's a non-story in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many of that 60,000 will be corporates, tourists and the various other types of silent fan?

I reckon with 18,000 in the "away end" the Poles will comfortably make more noise than the "home end."

I just don't see why we would risk the £££s that qualifying will generate, in extra for a few extra quid tomorrow. We should be doing EVERYTHING we can to maximise home advantage, not give it away and hide behind some nonsense about "they'll only get tickets in the home end otherwise.

That.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From my perspective I would rather we didn't give the Polish players anything MORE to play for than professional/national pride on Tuesday evening.

Playing away at Wembley in front of 20,000 of your own fans is one possible reason their players will lift their game, and may not just roll over if 1-0 down.

In the final analysis this decision may only work out to make a very small percentage difference, however at international level that's all it takes.

For a game of this importance to England, it would like BHA giving the opposing team supporters more tickets that they need for a game that could see us promoted...........which is nothing short of ****ing madness. For that reason alone there should be a "fuss".............and a bloody big one at that.

and that.

Exactly. It will force the England fans to raise their [generally poor] game.

Hopefully this too, though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know, that 4-1 the other night was a right old load of shit, loads of exciting young players playing attacking football.

:dunce:

Exactly. Why can't we still roll out the Golden Generation. Surely Beckham could have been there for a 10 minute cameo. But oh no, we have to throw all of that away just because he's 47, and replace it with young talent, running at, and PAST the opponents before spanking it in off the post from 25 yards. Tch, just WHO would want to watch that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SSN just had a fantastic England fan on, I think they thought he was the Chairman of 'England Fan's', or something like that.

He said the whole thing as it is, completely against the Sky 'script', leaving the woman interviewing him dumbfounded.

* Been on open sale since August.
* Fans don't want to support England.
* The Poles are proud to support their country.
* 10k+ tickets can't be sold in one day.

and so on.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
18,000 poles at Wembley .....at least Bognor will be quiet and revert back to being English !!!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
So the same people moaning about boring old worthless England wont be watching the World Cup in Brazil if we qualify? If we do then they will probabaly dressed as full kit wankers in the pub singing England til i die and going on about loving watching England play.

If this has been away in Poland with them needed a point then we would have been given the minimum allocation as the Poles would be seeking to use home advantage. Our FA are a disgrace and its all about making a quick few ££££££s. Fail to qualify for Brazil and that will cost the FA rather more £££££££££ss.

I will be there (but have been moved from the original block I purchased to allow extra Poles to buy tickets). They basically have 1/3rd of the upper tier and the same lower tier blocks as Scotland/Ireland (half way line to one one corner flag)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here