Terry 7
Johnson 3
Milner 2
Parker 5
Gerrard 5
Young 2
Rooney 3
Welbeck 5

We kept a clean sheet against a team who had 70% possession and you think 2 of our defenders deserved a 3 and a 5? Don't think so... Johnson made several good covering tackles and interceptions including one in the 90th minute.

The rest I generally agree with. We were awaful going forwards.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Hart 8
Johnson 8
Cole 7
Terry 9
Lescott 8
parker 7
Young 3
Milner 6 (should have stayed on instead of Young)
Gerrard 7
Rooney 3 (Rubbish. Couldn't even do the basics right and put yet more pressure of our back four.
Welbeck 7 (Should have stayed on instead of Rooney)

Theo 5 (Rarely got the ball)
Carrol 5 (I thought he might be out match winner but instead he just did the same again and again: Head/chest ball down, trap it, give it away)
Henderson 5 (Surely we have better midfielders than this)

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
How did Milner get six nearer a 2. Young should be -4. I cant believe that professional footballers struggle to pass the ball to each other. Young would be lucky to pass wind and should never play for England again

Definitely this!

Woefull.

JoeBHAFC

Jun 12, 2011
South West London
hart - 7
Johnson - 8
Terry - 7
Lescott - 7
Cole - 6
Parker - 6
Gerrard - 7
Young - 4
Milner - 6
Rooney - 5
Welbeck - 6

Subs: Walcott - 6
Carroll - 7
Henderson - 6

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Rooney was shit, Young was Shit, Milner was shit. Back 4 were all 8/10 the rest was shit. Overall it was shit. We are a second rate nation when it comes to football. Its only going to get worse too

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Centrebacks were both outstanding
Terry 8
Lescott 8

Big Game players were poor
Gerrard 4
Rooney 4

Wide mem were terrible
Milner 2
Young 5
Walcott 4

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So Rooney was shit again in an England shirt what a surprise - world class my arse

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Hart - 7. Didn't really do much wrong
Johnson - 7. Some good blocks and interceptions. Even looked ok going forward. Thought he was going to score instead of put it over the bar
Terry - 7. Solid again
Lescott - 6. Did a good job on Bag-of-jelly
Cole - 6. A credible performance
Parker - 5. Not as good as other matches
Gerrard - 5. Average
Young - 4. Poor. Couldn't pass for sh*t and gave the ball away far too much
Milner - 4. Poor
Rooney - 3. Didn't seem that interested. Scored a good penalty and that is about it.
Welbeck - 4. Poor

Subs: Walcott - 4. Didn't get enough of the ball and was muscled out a couple of times
Carroll - 7. Dug in and looked interested. Tried to make a difference even with nobody there to head it on to.
Henderson - 4. Did not have enough time to get involved

Overall, we were outclassed, outplayed and shown to be less than mediocre by a mediocre Italian side. We did not deserve to progress on tonight's performance. Shame really.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Hart 6
Cole 6
Lescott 5
Terry 7
Johnson 3
Milner 2
Parker 5
Gerrard 5
Young 2
Rooney 3
Welbeck 5

Now now Gib:Johnson was much better than a three, although I think you have over marked Ashley Young by 2 points.
For once my shouting at the telly " Brighton are better than this" was almost universally agreed with!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Rooney was shit, Young was Shit, Milner was shit. Back 4 were all 8/10 the rest was shit. Overall it was shit. We are a second rate nation when it comes to football. Its only going to get worse too

your not wrong, until we get players who can keep the ball we are screwed.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So Rooney was shit again in an England shirt what a surprise - world class my arse

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Joe Hart - 8 Did everything required with style, ease and class. Would have saved both efforts which hit the post if they were on target. #1 for the next decade.
Glen Johnson - 7 Defensively superb yet again, a few vital blocks. Truly astoundingly poor going forward though.
Ashley Cole - 7 Much the same as Johnson, brilliant at the back but offered nothing in attack.
John Terry - 8 If it was a straight choice between him and Rio, Roy chose the right man.
Joleon Lescott - 7 Less noticeably brilliant at the back, but got in a few good challenges at important times.
James Milner - 3 Offered absolutely nothing of any kind. Absolutely shocking.
Steven Gerrard - 7 The only England player who looked good enough, technically, to be in blue. Player of the the Tournament for us imo.
Scott Parker - 7 Will lose his place to Jack Wilshere when he recovers, but in the meantime he's the best partner for Stevie G we have, class act.
Ashley Young - 1 Pathetic performance. He gets a 1 because he did a lot of defensive work to mask how dire he was going forward. Talk about hiding in a big game.
Wayne Rooney - 4 Shocking. Absolutely shocking. Our best player individually but offered nothing tonight.
Danny Welbeck - 5 Terrible on the night, but it was always about experience for him anyway. Will be better in 2 years. Hopefully.

Subs
Andy Carroll - 5 Great in the air, awful on the ground tonight. Not impressive at all from the big man.
Theo Walcott - 4 Nothing. Only one over hit cross late on, and watched a few through balls he should have chased.
Jordan Henderson - 5 A couple of neat touches and generally decent young player, will be important for the next Euros, squad player at the WC.

Overall I thought Alan Shearer got it spot on. We are a quater finals team at the moment, Roy didn't have the time to work on the attacking aspect of the game and that will come during the WC qualifying campaign. It was a good effort from England, let down by penalties again but it could have been so much better. Italy were there for the beating and I suspect Germany will oblige.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Now now Gib:Johnson was much better than a three, although I think you have over marked Ashley Young by 2 points.
For once my shouting at the telly " Brighton are better than this" was almost universally agreed with!

Maybe you're right about Johnson defensively, i just have this recurring image in my mind of him giving the ball away all the time, hence my 3!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hart - 6, about 6 flaps at the ball causing mayhem. got owned on every penalty too except Monty's.

Johnson - 8, good going forward and two crucial defending tackles.
Terry/Lescott - 8, solid.
Cole - 7, awful awful penalty. lots of energy at 31/32 years of age though.

Milner - 5, puts in the effort but got no real quality.
Parker - 6, Terrible going forward, knackered.
Gerrard - 6, his worst game in the tourno
Young - 0, what did he do exactly or in the whole tourno?

Welbeck - 2, weak, made no runs.
Rooney - 1, gave ball away > 10 times. didn't track pirlo either.

Carroll - 7, looked good. shame defoe wasn't on there with him!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hart 6
Johnson 7
Cole 7
Terry 8
Lescott 7
Gerrard 5
Parker 5
Milner 4
Young 3
Rooney 4
Wellbeck 5

Walcott 4
Carroll 6
Henderson 5

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I got a bit of stick for saying Young was the worst player i have ever seen in an England shirt after the first game,and he's done nothing to change my mind.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Henderson 0
completely anonymous, lightweight, directionless, clueless & added the least value to an England team that I can ever recall. Shameful

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
The body language of Rooney, Young & Milner said they did not want to be there & that's exactly how they performed. I would find it hard to score them more than a combined 4 on that, and previous games. Why Wellbeck [out of his class] gets the nod over Defoe or Carroll I cannot fathom. Love him or hate him Terry always plays for his country & inspires those around him. Most improved player over past season & now showing it, Lescott. Overall think the BBC football site says it best 'England thrashed 0 - 0'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here