Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England National Team

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I don't start many threads on NSC, but my question is what is the problem with the England National team on here? Is it not ok to support and be proud of our boys? I, like many, watched the game tonight and was pleased when Lampard (a fantastic England player, who's record speaks for itself) equalised for England.

There are few positive England threads and I don't really understand why? Given how we qualify for 95% of tournament. I am fortunate to go to most home games and hopefully some away games soon and am dam proud to support the three lions along with the Albion, I just don't get why the team gets so much stick on here, is it just because we don't won every single game??

Not looking for an argument, just want to try and understand why there is so much negativity around the national team???

SB

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Over the past few years we've had the joy of seeing England represented by some of the most unpleasant, unlikeable characters imaginable. Sadly, when they come up against anybody even half decent, they fail, fail and fail again. My interest in the national team has drained away over the years. I couldn't care less anymore.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I don't think last night was quite as bad as many are making out.

If the ref hadn't fallen for the old 'I've been knocked in the neck so i'll go down as iff I've been hit in the face with a mallet' trick, we would have gone 1-0 up and who knows what would have happened after that. We played some pretty decent stuff going forward and really missed Rooney MARAUDING along the front line.

We will be alright.

:thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I agree with the sentiment and I want them to do well but I find England quite hard to watch. I don't have any particular connection to the players either and, when it comes to qualifying, the only 'excitement' is if we don't qualify as seeding makes it almost a cert every time.

Added to the fact I hate that tinpot band.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I used to be well into the whole England thing, and would say I wanted them to Win as much as the Albion.

Ever since the absoloute debacle in South Africa ( For which there was no excuse for whatsoever ), I could not give a monkeys.

Like most "Fans" I can deal with the team I support being shit, not technically good enough, and / or tactically inept. What I cannot, and will not accept is a total lack of pride, passion and effort. Not to mention watching players who look world beaters for their clubs and then are bordering on Blue square premier players at major international tournaments.

Have watched hardly any England games since that World Cup, with the Albion on the up, and taking up most of my spare time, I seriously doubt that will change any time soon.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I thought we played well last night and I'm the first to whine when don't! On another night that would have been a comfortable 3/4-1 result. I like the football we are trying to play and hopefully we will get there eventually.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
There wouldn't be as much dislike on here, and in general, if people didn't have to put up with the constant stream of unjustified hype. Both from the media and the players themselves. We've been told we're world beaters now for over a decade yet at times we still struggle to string three passes together.

It's also because certain players can play crap game after game and still walk into the team.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Ever since the absoloute debacle in South Africa ( For which there was no excuse for whatsoever ), I could not give a monkeys.

THIS. I stayed up til 6am to watch the Algeria debacle (when I had to be up for work at 9) and then watching us get spanked by the Germans was the last straw. I didn't watch a single game of the Euros this year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I caanot bring myself to cheer or support arrogant and egotistical people like Terry, Cole and Rooney. How come people like this get to represent my nation on the world stage? It's embarrassing. After watching our Olympians I dislike the national football team even more.

Oh, and having heard the stories about a number of Olympians spending months in remote training camps reminded me of Terry bleating about being bored in the five star South African hotel. ****.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Personally I would love to care more about England but "lost it" back in the 1980's and 90's when we seemed to spend most of the game attacking in our blood and thunder English way only to be caught by the quick break or sucker punch. Now we have moved on 20 years and we are actually being shown up as not as gifted technically by teams and players who earn a whole lot less than ours. Poor coaching, yob culture and laziness in my opinion. Never forgotten Gianfranco Zola interview when he came over here. He could not believe our players went out on the town getting bladdered after the game while he looked after himself with his nutritionist and personal trainer

Let's hope Gus, Brighton, Swansea etc are the start of turning things around.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I used to enjoy watching England. But these days I won't even bother watching a qualifying match if it's on
terrestrial tv. Usual boring, tedious, frustrating shite.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There isn't just one problem with the England team.

I watch but no longer get annoyed when they lose. I no longer care if they win. I have no emotional attachment to a team of over-paid, under-performing, technically poor and dis-interested PL 'stars' whose main interest in football lies with their next big payday.

The Albion, for me, are way more important. Every Albion result matters. I hate it when we lose. I don't give a damn about England results anymore because we all know that they will disappoint as sure as eggs is eggs.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Just because we're crap, you're going to stop supporting our country? If Albion started slipping down the leagues, back to league two, would you be saying the same thing? i hope not. Yes we are shit, but that still doesn't stop me watching the games and supporting the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here