Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Last Night

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
OK It Was A Good Result But It Looked Like Being A Tough Night Until Walcott's Flukey First Goal Went In. And Lampard Was Shit As Usual. Get Gerard Back In. And What The f*** Is Heskey Doing Up Front? I'm Sorry But Being "A Handful" Aint Going To Win Us The World Cup.

My Changes For World Cup Glory: Drop Lumpard, Replace With Gerrard. Bring Beckham Back In On The Right And Play Wonderboy Walcott In Email Heskey's Position. Barry Out, Hargreaves In. Drop Ashley Cole And Play John Terry As Left Back Because He Seemed To Do Most Of Cole's Work Anyway And Bring Woodgate Back Into Central Defence.

Finally, I Still Think Joey Barton Has Something To Offer The *Squad* Once He's Done His Time Obviously. Not That The Do Gooders And PC Brigade Will See It That Way. You Know Who You Are.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Disagree with virtually everything you've just suggested there Bars.

It's good to see you back! :whisky:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's one of the worst opening posts of all time. I disagree with pretty much everything he said.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Completely disagree.. Heskey was VERY good, Fatboy had a good game, took on some players and was denied a very good goal to make it 5-1. How can you criticize a team that's just totally hammered the 5th best team in the world??? AWAY FROM HOME!

Are you saying that with your wonder changes we'd have won 11-0???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lampard was excellent i thought, he deserved the goal that Heskey messed up on.
Against 5 in the middle he and Barry never looked over run which is quite an acheivment.

I do think that Heskey isnt the answer though, he still went down far to easy and gave away literally dozens of free kicks.

Hehe Beckham though....please....the man is finished finally, i wouldnt even use him as an impact sub, he just plays in his own half.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
That's one of the worst opening posts of all time.
Oh Good. Another f***ing NSC Bully. :nono:

I Just Happen To Want England To Win Regularly Whereas You Obviously Don't. I Am Right About Heskey Being Shit Just As I Was Right About Elder Being Top Class For Albion As He Is Banging Them In For Fun For Brentford Which Proves I'm Not Racist.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Heskey completely did his job last night, hassling defenders and creating tonnes of space that Rooney, Walcott and Lampard used well. Heskey is totally selfless and allows the players around him to play better.

Apart from the first 15 minutes we never looked troubled in midfield so Barry and Lampard clearly did their jobs.

Why bring Beckham back in? How would he have helped last night?

Capello will look at what wasn't so good last night and will keep giving the players a hard time about it, so we will continue to improve. I loved seeing him still looking furious at 4-1. That's exactly what we need.

Imagine McClaren's stupid smug smirk if we were winning 4-1 (which couldn't have happened) under him?

No it's not overnight but last night was a fantastic glimpse of how we can play with the right set of players and tactics.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Disagree with pretty much everything there.

As for Joey Barton, it's not about being a do gooder or pc, the man, in my opinion, is vile and deserves nothing. I'd understand if he'd done wrong once, but he's often in trouble for something, and the fact you'd give him an opportunity for ENGLAND let alone club level says an awful lot.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You are talking nonsense.

Lampard was as good I have seen him for England. All players battled well and thats what made the difference.

Ultimately we have good players, who when motivated can be in the top eight in the world, hence why we get to Quarter finals when we get there.

The issue is focusing them on the big games when they have so many other club goals as well. They were up for it last night after being humiliated before and that commitment showed.

If they can keep doing that in amongst the domestic commitments than we will be fine.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Why on earth do you have capital letters at the start of every single word? Did you go to school? :dunce:

OK It Was A Good Result But It Looked Like Being A Tough Night Until Walcott's Flukey First Goal Went In. And Lampard Was Shit As Usual. Get Gerard Back In. And What The f*** Is Heskey Doing Up Front? I'm Sorry But Being "A Handful" Aint Going To Win Us The World Cup.

My Changes For World Cup Glory: Drop Lumpard, Replace With Gerrard. Bring Beckham Back In On The Right And Play Wonderboy Walcott In Email Heskey's Position. Barry Out, Hargreaves In. Drop Ashley Cole And Play John Terry As Left Back Because He Seemed To Do Most Of Cole's Work Anyway And Bring Woodgate Back Into Central Defence.

Finally, I Still Think Joey Barton Has Something To Offer The *Squad* Once He's Done His Time Obviously. Not That The Do Gooders And PC Brigade Will See It That Way. You Know Who You Are.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So...does Gerrard get back in the team? Interesting situation there, Benitez makes him have the op so it misses the England games and not the Liverpool games. Gerrard may well play against Man Utd on Saturday and at first glance he's got away with it and dodged a slaughtering, as England won so well last night.

But if he doesn't get his place back - and I don't see why he should - I can see him and Benitez falling out big time.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
This is obviously a complete wind-up.
I'm Getting A Little Tired Of This Sort Of Attitude To Be Honest. Sure, Disagree With Me But Be A Little More Respectful.

Heskey Is Rubbish. He Has The Turning Circle Of A Barge. Have Brazil Ever Played With A "Bustling" Seven Footer Up Front Before? Or Italy? No. And That's Because It's A Shit Idea. OK So You Don't Want Walcott In Heskey's Place. I Can Understand That As Walcott Simply Isn't Strong Enough To Play That Position. Maybe We Should Play Jermaine Defoe Instead Or David Beckham Up Front As A Short Term Option?

As Giraffe, What Did Lampard Do All Night Then? He Pranced Around Playing Three Yard Balls And Getting In Rooney's Way. He Also Played A Hospital Pass To Fellow Chelsea Twat John Terry Which Led To Their Goal. In Short, He's Shit. Ged Rid. I'd Rather Have Jimmy Bullard In There.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I'm Getting A Little Tired Of This Sort Of Attitude To Be Honest. Sure, Disagree With Me But Be A Little More Respectful.

Heskey Is Rubbish. He Has The Turning Circle Of A Barge. Have Brazil Ever Played With A "Bustling" Seven Footer Up Front Before? Or Italy? No. And That's Because It's A Shit Idea. OK So You Don't Want Walcott In Heskey's Place. I Can Understand That As Walcott Simply Isn't Strong Enough To Play That Position. Maybe We Should Play Jermaine Defoe Instead Or David Beckham Up Front As A Short Term Option?

As Giraffe, What Did Lampard Do All Night Then? He Pranced Around Playing Three Yard Balls And Getting In Rooney's Way. He Also Played A Hospital Pass To Fellow Chelsea Twat John Terry Which Led To Their Goal. In Short, He's Shit. Ged Rid. I'd Rather Have Jimmy Bullard In There.

Do you know anything about football??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

If you're not on a wind-up, then you are clearly nuts. :lolol:
Entertaining though. Good work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here