Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england game 2mow night

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
England v Scotland is on August 14th at Wembley, part of the FA's year long celebration, can't wait for this one!!
Hopefully a return match at Hampden ? i've been to a lot of games in my time ,but just for atmosphere Scotland v England in 87 takes some beating.I went to Aldershot 2 Wolves 0 on the Friday night in a play off final ,then left Guildford 4 am Saturday morning by Train into Glasgow for 12 did the game .Caught the 2300 out of Glasgow into Euston for 7am dossed around for a few hours then did Mansfield v Brizzle City in the Sherpa van Trophy Final.Then on the Monday went to The 2nd leg Wolves 0 Aldershot 1 £60 apprentice money went along way in those days.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Always been a couple of friendlies end of season.

What sucks is half the Prem sides going off around the world for pointless money making friendlies beforehand

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm going tonight and I for one cannot wait! Wembley never fails to impress...even if the team does!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Bringing over the Irish sea, not many.

However second and third generation ones, who reside here and 80% of whom hold British passports, lots.

I heard less English accents yesterday than I have done at every other Ireland game I have ever attended - in Dublin or overseas. And the only ones I came across I KNOW have Irish passports. Although I think you are right that there were a lot of non-regular Ireland followers there which was a shame for the atmosphere, didn't think it got going as well as it could have done - although when you are competing against silence and a trumpet I suppose it's hard.

Anyway sorry to bounce the thread but disappointing game (great result from our viewpoint) and general atmosphere, but no trouble at all, respect for both anthems, good banter on the trains and in Wembley Way and nice that we have no need for a binfest today. We can do it more often now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here