Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england game 2mow night

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The Chelsea v Leeds cup final:facepalm:
Shocking pitch after that years horse show

The Arsenal v Swindon League Cup Final from 1969 was also played on a quagmire of a pitch. What were they thinking?!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
New FA chairman Greg Dyke trumpets, 'Get some youngsters in...' 15 years too late, fella...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i just feel its a pointless friendly and i dont mind if people disagree with me

You never did tell us what you thought of the away kit, you little teaser @brightonmark1234

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It would be good if the England team switched to the away kit at half-time. This way, fans get a chance to see both kits in action and can make a more informed choice about which kit to buy.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
It would be good if the England team switched to the away kit at half-time. This way, fans get a chance to see both kits in action and can make a more informed choice about which kit to buy.

The red away top is miles better.

I think it's an important game to show the world how our relationship with the Republic Of Ireland has improved massively since the IRA ceasefire. Hopefully no booing of their national anthem or any mindless chants. The Irish will bring magnificent support with them and will want to enjoy themselves. Hope it's a good night on and off the pitch which I'm sure it will be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
i didn't even know there was one :shrug:

Same here.

International friendlies are so shit, I don't think I've ever wasted my precious time watching one nor will I ever.

What's the point? Like seriously, what's the point.

Drives me mad.

When it comes to international football the world cup, in my eyes, is the only one worth watching.

And that does mean continental tournaments can do one as well.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Playing Brazil away on Sunday night as well
Always traditional to have a couple of international friendlies at the end of the season
I still miss the home internationals used to love smashing the Jocks every year ( and the square goalposts at Hampden park )

England v Scotland is on August 14th at Wembley, part of the FA's year long celebration, can't wait for this one!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I genuinely had no idea that there was a match. Then again, since getting gumped by Palace I have tried to ignore football at all costs. Too sodding annoying right now and I need the summer break.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
pointless perhaps but half term and a chance to take my Grandsons to their first game at Wembley(should have been second) and Their first England game.
not to bad a price at £60 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

That is a bargain! I went to one of the first Wembley international friendlies and paid £60 a ticket.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I am rather looking forward to it...

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
There will lots of threads tonight about England singing No Surrender to the IRA and how the Irish totally disrespected the national anthem God Save The Queen.
So can we get that out of the way now?

Should be an open game. I am hoping to mix with the Irish tonight and have a good old drink.

We have Scotland in August, Germany and Argentina in the Autumn and providing tonight goes off fine, Ireland Away in Nov 14 or Feb 15.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There will lots of threads tonight about England singing No Surrender to the IRA and how the Irish totally disrespected the national anthem God Save The Queen.
So can we get that out of the way now?

Should be an open game. I am hoping to mix with the Irish tonight and have a good old drink.

We have Scotland in August, Germany and Argentina in the Autumn and providing tonight goes off fine, Ireland Away in Nov 14 or Feb 15.

It's not really a measurable thing, but I would be willing to bet a huge amount of money to the REMF that this does not happen. I suppose the only concern is that with 12k tickets given to us, a few non-regular Republic followers may be in our end. But I honestly can promise you there won't be any of this from the real Irish fans.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
It's not really a measurable thing, but I would be willing to bet a huge amount of money to the REMF that this does not happen. I suppose the only concern is that with 12k tickets given to us, a few non-regular Republic followers may be in our end. But I honestly can promise you there won't be any of this from the real Irish fans.

We'll find out tonight on ITV.

Robbie Keane was right though, it has been far longer than it should have been before this game happened again. (95)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here