Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England footballer arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 14yo girl

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Said accused's name is literally trending on Twitter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gus wont be happy if true....
Now you've done it.

We'll have 10 pages on pooh, promotion, flouncing and cash.

Still at least it'll keep Bozza out of slander court.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Adam Johnson has been arrested on suspicion of having sex with a 14 year old.

Nothing libellous in that statement.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think its outrageous the media name someone involved in this when nothing has been proved. I know it happens all the time but there is a process to go through

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Makes no real difference, anything under 16? (I think) and its still illegal

I know -- the point is that it's breaking news and different sources are already citing different 'facts' so probably best to wait and see what's actually alleged to have happened, and who is actually alleged to be involved

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I didn't realise it would be released so quickly. Surely OK to name him and comment now, it's not libelous anymore.

Probably, I just didnt want to be the first. These cases have happened before, and they have turned out to be false allegations. This was released by Tabloid papers as well, who of course have a glowing reputation of being the truth.

If he is released without charge, I imagine he will be straight down the courts. If charged and found guilty, then he can probably wave his career goodbye - but since no details are known, can anyone really judge ?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
What an absolute idiot if true!

That's his England career over. Really hoping it's all just bullshit, he's a tidy player :nono:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think its outrageous the media name someone involved in this when nothing has been proved. I know it happens all the time but there is a process to go through
I agree with you. He very may well turn out to be guilty of something but right now he's as innocent as you and I.

Worrying to look on twitter and see the things being said already when nothing more is actually known.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here