Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England FA charged as well as Bulgaria

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes. It’s an explicit UEFA law and clubs have been charged before. Man City in the CL for example.

It’s a moronic and disrespectful thing to do and the law is explicit. If fans boo they can’t complain if their club or nation gets charged.

Ok. Thanks. I think that, now you say it, I do recall something about Man City. Was it recent? If so, then UEFA have decided to get tough (yes, I know!) and as you say fair dos. I too find the booing of others' anthems depressing and boorish-totally unnecessary.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It kind of is! England is getting more right wing, racist, isolationist etc. Look Who is PM!? Terrible on climate. Not really much to be proud of is there?

You are consistent, I will give you that. Your posts are always so extreme, preferring to accentuate the bad and ignoring much that is good about this country. And I see you manged to get climate change into the thread about football fans!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok. Thanks. I think that, now you say it, I do recall something about Man City. Was it recent?
I seem to remember Man City fans booing, but not at a national anthem, rather at UEFA's anthem. So UEFA were defending themselves, not general etiquette.

How often do UEFA charge fans of countries booing the national anthem of other countries?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It kind of is! England is getting more right wing, racist, isolationist etc. Look Who is PM!? Terrible on climate. Not really much to be proud of is there?

Load of old bollocks you drama queen.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well everyone else is laughing.

The "Anthem" itself is an embarrassment full stop. It isn't even about the "English" or "England".

Since England doesn't a have a National Anthem, it may be worth thinking about one with the inevitable break up of the Union.

Yes, I’m sure they booed us in retaliation for a previous meeting. I’m positive Bulgaria fans would still be absolutely fuming if we had booed their national anthem the last time we played there... almost a decade ago.

F*cking hell. I’m not particularly arsed about international football but the lengths some cretins will go to in order to blame England fans for everything is staggering.
Yeah, like all the Bulgarians who attended the last home match v England have now died off.
Even if they had done, they would still have had the chance to tell their kids about it - as if they didn't know about it already, because (a large minority of) England fans have been notorious for it for decades. I think you're the cretin in this particular argument.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

The "Anthem" itself is an embarrassment full stop. It isn't even about the "English" or "England".

Since England doesn't a have a National Anthem, it may be worth thinking about one with the inevitable break up of the Union.

You speak for everyone do you? All this talk of embarrassment is embarrassing.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA

If you are, like me. an atheist and a republican, then, yes, it is a complete embarrassment.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Go on, name a good thing.

Name a good thing about England?
You are free to spout your ridiculous immature twaddle on the internet. You have a right to vote. You, because you live in this country and unlike many others in this world have clean tap water to drink, you have access to electricity to charge your devices so you can get food delivered to your doorstep or even have the luxury of turning on a ****ing lightbulb, something millions around the world have no option of doing, getting food on demand is a frigging pipe dream luxury for some people too, let alone actual food.. Someone will have your back in this country if you are being forced into an arranged marriage or having your genitals mutilated. We have a free press without government censorship. You have redress of grievance against UK made law and can directly lobby your elected member of parliament who can address your grievance at the highest level.We have a health service that will treat you a citizen of this country for free without asking you your insurance details. You can expect your employer to pay you whilst you are on holiday, have a butchers at how many countries don’t do this.
Name one good thing about England?
You are a moaning little privileged brat. Get out of your bubble and realise how lucky you are .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit that hearing GSTQ after somebody has won something like a Gold Medal and are on the rostrum sends a tingle up my spine but to play it prior to a football or rugby match etc does nothing for me.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yeah, like all the Bulgarians who attended the last home match v England have now died off.
Even if they had done, they would still have had the chance to tell their kids about it - as if they didn't know about it already, because (a large minority of) England fans have been notorious for it for decades. I think you're the cretin in this particular argument.

Do you have any proof we boo’d the national anthem last time? Let alone proof that the Bulgarians were so shellshocked at the apparent booing of the anthem that there was no trouble at the game or afterwards (or when they played in England since) but felt the need to pass the drift on from generation to generation? :lolol:

Flawless logic.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You are free to spout your ridiculous immature twaddle on the internet. You have a right to vote. You, because you live in this country and unlike many others in this world have clean tap water to drink, you have access to electricity to charge your devices so you can get food delivered to your doorstep or even have the luxury of turning on a ****ing lightbulb, something millions around the world have no option of doing, getting food on demand is a frigging pipe dream luxury for some people too, let alone actual food.. Someone will have your back in this country if you are being forced into an arranged marriage or having your genitals mutilated. We have a free press without government censorship. You have redress of grievance against UK made law and can directly lobby your elected member of parliament who can address your grievance at the highest level.We have a health service that will treat you a citizen of this country for free without asking you your insurance details. You can expect your employer to pay you whilst you are on holiday, have a butchers at how many countries don’t do this.
You are a moaning little privileged brat. Get out of your bubble and realise how lucky you are .

Thanks for that. you saved me the trouble -I was just going to simply reply that the one good thing that I could readily think of was that he was free to ask me! At times, one really does despair at the extreme nature of some of the posts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I appreciate that in this country, people are treated equally by the law regardless of where they're from. My parents owned a home in Spain, and courts would side with the locals if there were ever any disputes. There was no equality there. We have a good sense of fair play in this country. We have reletively little corruption. An Italian friend of mine loves the fact that she can get a job here because she has the skills for that job, which is not something she can do back home. We take things like that (and everything else) for granted.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Good post

You've made Plooks look like a total bell end.

Plooks you have a chance to come on and win some respect with a public backdown

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Right, so no different to France, Ireland, Sweeden, Australia, Canada, US, Germany...
Face it we are nothing special and, if anytbing, lag behind. We only have the stuff you mention because we opress enough of the world into poverty anyway!

Not sure why you now choose to bring in other countries, as you asked for what was good about Britain; and you received much that is good. Your last para is truly baffling and whilst a forum is open to everyone, yourself included, and rightly so, to claim that the freedoms you enjoy are because of us oppressing others, quite frankly makes you so misguided.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Charges against Bulgarian Football Union:

- Racist behaviour (chants, Nazi salutes) - Art. 14 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) (b) DR
- Disruption of national anthem - Art. 16 (2) (g) DR
- Replays on giant screen - Art. 42 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

Charges against English Football Association:

- Disruption of national anthem - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Insufficient number of travelling stewards - Art. 24 (2) of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-uefa-confirm-charges-against-20585995

Moot point, I appreciate, but having been in the stadium I can tell you that the PA was so bad that you couldn't actually hear either of the anthems in the first place. Having said that, the mutual 'disruption' was pathetic and indefensible, so both FA's deserve to get charged with that. Sad thing is, the situation had actually been improving until fairly recently in that respect, but we appear to have gone backwards over the past few months (and with the 'No Surrender' line, which always makes me cringe). I'm sure others will have their theories as to why this might be the case.....

I'm really surprised by the 'insufficient stewards' charge, though. When we went to pick up our tickets there were loads of them to give directions and hand out the tickets, so I'm not quite sure what happened to them later in the day (if that is what the charge relates to). They were the same stewards who work Wembley for home games. Not sure it should be that much of a priority anyway, when the away ground is literally crumbling apart, with no seat numbers or functioning PA / toilets, and exit routes which meant you had to squeeze past concrete pylons in single file to get out.

And for anyone asking what's 'good' about England, I can only assume that they haven't been to Sofia recently. It's all relative.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Moot point, I appreciate, but having been in the stadium I can tell you that the PA was so bad that you couldn't actually hear either of the anthems in the first place. Having said that, the mutual 'disruption' was pathetic and indefensible, so both FA's deserve to get charged with that. Sad thing is, the situation had actually been improving until fairly recently in that respect, but we appear to have gone backwards over the past few months (and with the 'No Surrender' line, which always makes me cringe). I'm sure others will have their theories as to why this might be the case.....

I'm really surprised by the 'insufficient stewards' charge, though. When we went to pick up our tickets there were loads of them to give directions and hand out the tickets, so I'm not quite sure what happened to them later in the day (if that is what the charge relates to). They were the same stewards who work Wembley for home games. Not sure it should be that much of a priority anyway, when the away ground is literally crumbling apart, with no seat numbers or functioning PA / toilets, and exit routes which meant you had to squeeze past concrete pylons in single file to get out.

And for anyone asking what's 'good' about England, I can only assume that they haven't been to Sofia recently. It's all relative.

Sofia is a great city. Not sure of your theory of relativity.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Sofia is a great city. Not sure of your theory of relativity.

It undoubtedly has some nice aspects, and we had a decent time, but the poverty outside of the city centre is depressing. As was the overwhelming number of young people smoking, beggars everywhere you turned and the constant risk of breaking your ankle on completely un-maintained paving. Obviously there are socio-economic reasons for all of these, and maybe it was a cheap shot, but I was highlighting the fact that many people don't know how good they've got it in this country when compared to other places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here