Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Euro 2012 squad [Merged Threads]

D

Deleted member 18477

Downing is f***ing shite. Not an international player. Terry is a c unt and disruptive. Henderson, god Rwoy please don't pick him.

Richards out? Rwoys gone f***ing mad! Surely right backs if walkers out will be Johnson and Richards!

My source in the sports journo industry has heard that Carroll is IN, but Terry is OUT, which is at odds with the BBC one, so waiting to see what happens with this tomorrow!

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
As long as konchesky is no where near the squad in happy, we are crap anyway, don't get the over reacting on twitter

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Well if Richards is out, as well as the injured Walker - I can only presume Jones will be going as back up for Johnson at RB, also offering cover at CB.

If Oxo's actually in the squad, then fair play Roy. Bold decision. Actually fancy him to make an impact as well, unlike Walcott in '06.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Think we'll be the only happy bunch if Bobby is picked. The hate on Twitter is quite extraordinary.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Joe Cole, Stewart Downing and Grant Holt for me please. And John Ruddy.

If 3 of those 4 are in, I shall be pleased. I would be jizzing all over the place if there are no places for Ashley Young, Danny Welbeck-Heskey and Scott Carson.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Also, Jack Butland?! :lolol:

Birmingham's number 2 who was sent out on loan to Cheltenham for the majority of the season. I would be suprised by that.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Goalkeepers- Hart (Manchester City), Green (West Ham), Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders- Glenn Johnson (Liverpool), Micah Richards (Man City) , Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Leighton Baines (Everton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea)

Midfielders- Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), James Milner (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Stewart Downing (Liverpool)

Strikers- Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Peter Crouch (Stoke)

That's my guess, although I think Crouch may miss out and Hodgson will go with Defoe. Would love to see Zamora go but as Roy has said, he wants more experience in the squad.

As much of a nob John Terry is, we still need him in my opinion.

Good call. Conservative choice. The only surprise is Ruddy (Norwich). Otherwise, I would have to agree this is most likely.

I would pick an extra striker. And I don't rate Leighton Baines, never have.

Outsider: Mark Noble ???

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Hart, Green, Ruddy.
Johnson, Richards.
Cole, Baines.
Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka, Jones.
Parker, Barry, Carrick, Lampard, Gerrard.
Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott.
Rooney, Welbeck, Crouch, Defoe.

This ^ I would like (but somewhat doubt).

Goalkeepers are easy, would like to see Ruddy in even though he obviously won't get near a game unless Hart gets injured. Think we need to accept this tournament is one of transition and a changing of the guard; don't take Terry/Ferdinand, but blood a proper combination that can install itself for years to come. Cahill is a shoe-in, and then a pick from Jagielka/Jones/Lescott as a partner. Full-backs are obvious if Walker is indeed out injured, if he was fit I'd've taken him ahead of Johnson. Midfield is harder; we have a glut of technically competent holding midfielders and are one of the few countries holding onto the box-to-box man in Lampard/Gerrard - but we have no free role trequartista type a la Mata/Modric/Silva - I guess the nearest to this would be Wilshere but he's not fit so it's a straight shoot-out between Fat Frank and Stevie G as their swansong tournament. Wingers are tricky too; Walcott and Young will definitely go, would also take Chamberlain over Lennon who IMO does not produce often enough. As for strikers, cannot bring myself to like Carroll and can't help but think his inclusion forces teams to play a certain way, whereas Crouch has a great record internationally and does the same job with an arguably better touch. Defoe has always been a natural goal-gobbler and scores more regularly than Sturridge who I think is his natural successor. The Rooney/Welbeck combo picks itself. Zamora/Bent/Holt...not good enough for international football. As much as I'd love a fairytale Bobby Z story...just no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here