Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England batsmen/entire team

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Bunch of absolute wankers! Throughout this series they've consistently thrown away there wickets, and played like absolute tits!

Just because we beat Australia in one series does not make us the best in the world. Am very f***ed off about the way we've collapsed to lose this latest test, Duncan Flatcher should get them in for extra training because losing in the manner we have is really not good enough!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
STEVEO :drink: :wave:

Collingwood done well in this last test though!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Collingwood and Bell - the two batsmen fighting for their place in the team, and the most successful.

The rest of them need to take a long look at themselves. Complacency gets you nowhere

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The Aussies said after we won the Ashes that the real test for England would be to win a series on the sub continent. If we did that then maybe they would see us as true challengers for the title of best in the world.

Oh dear

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Geoff Boycott said yesterday he had concerns re our batting, and it was all borne out today.

One of the problems is consistency, not enough of them are making a contribution on a regular basis a la Inzamam, Steve Waugh, Lara etc.

Vaughan gets past 50 1 in 4 times, the best get 1 in 3 or lower.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Boycott is an insufferable, curmudgeonly, woman beater - I love it when the team exceed his expectations - hasn't happened this time - after the Lord Mayors show-esque capitulation

Boycs knew how to drop anchor and save a game - I was expecting to see a Atherton & Russell v SA partnership today - very disappointed that we couldn't muster that

hopefully the British public haven't seen what Flintoff's 'achieved' in Pakistan 'cause I've got £20 @ 18/1 on him being sports personality of the year

larus

Pavilionaire said:
Geoff Boycott said yesterday he had concerns re our batting, and it was all borne out today.

One of the problems is consistency, not enough of them are making a contribution on a regular basis a la Inzamam, Steve Waugh, Lara etc.

Vaughan gets past 50 1 in 4 times, the best get 1 in 3 or lower.

Bit like Bell then, 10 tests, 17 inns, 2 tons, 5 50's, ave 45.66.

But then again, he's not really good enough.:ohmy:

Seriously though Pav, yes, too many of our batsmen have not applied themselves enough. I do fell as though the schedule that we agree to when we tour is often poorly planned. Look at South Africa last year and again Pakistan. Just not enough warm-up games.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Italiaseagull said:
Bunch of absolute wankers! Throughout this series they've consistently thrown away there wickets, and played like absolute tits!

Just because we beat Australia in one series does not make us the best in the world. Am very f***ed off about the way we've collapsed to lose this latest test, Duncan Flatcher should get them in for extra training because losing in the manner we have is really not good enough!

Sir..I would like to buy you a drink in support of that comment.

I am livid that we have disappeared up our own backside of hype here.

Cheers to the bowlers for their endeavour though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The bowlers were always going to sturggle out there but did bust their guts to get us intp positions where we could have won the first two tests. Cheers to them indeed.

On the subject of Boycott, he hit the nail firmly on the head with all of his comments, even about the use of the kookaburra ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here