Jul 7, 2003
A tournament-leading 3 assists.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was watching tonight with a mate who is Spurs through and through. At the end of the game we asked ourselves if Kane had even had a shot on target yet. We weren't sure he has.

Team game though. Reliance on a 20 goal a season striker is very 2016.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was watching tonight with a mate who is Spurs through and through. At the end of the game we asked ourselves if Kane had even had a shot on target yet. We weren't sure he has.

Like...

Brighton 23 - 0 Danny Welbeck

...you mean?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Harry, not to be outdone by his critics, finds affirmation of his talent by riffling through the Sultan’s wardrobe …

43B953EF-EF9D-4DEB-9890-91AFCE172EEC.jpeg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
More to the point BBC 9 - ITV 0. The curse of England on the third channel continues into another tournament.
And our next match is on… ITV.

Guess we’re reduced to hoping for another penalty shootout victory following a soul crushing stalemate. Again.

I’m not superstitious in any walk of life apart from football. Then I lose all reason. The omens are poor. Luckily I’m at work Sunday evening.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I had two bets on yesterday

Kane - 1 shot on target (evens)

England win / more than 2 goals in the match / kane anytime (4/1)

Imagine how ecstatic I was when I saw Callum Wilson warming up!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've noticed that in at least two games, the commentator has pointed out that before Kane crosses, he doesn't look over to see where the striker is.

He just puts a well-weighted ball into an area he expects them to be running into.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The selfless striker. They're meant to be selfish, but selfless running and movement can open up teams for others.

Welbeck has been doing this work all season. He draws focus, with really intelligent movement that opens up the chances we've been taking. Difficult to appreciate in games you need a goal or take a chance. I thought Kane did this very well last night, first half it didn't work as Foden and Rashford came into the spaces with Kane rather than areas he vacated. They sorted that out second half with a simple switching of wings.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If England continue to win with Kane's movement, hold-up play and assists, his temporary lack of goals is not a problem to be fixed.

Doubters can be reassured that there's every chance that his Golden Boot from the last World Cup still fits him.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
The selfless striker. They're meant to be selfish, but selfless running and movement can open up teams for others.

Welbeck has been doing this work all season. He draws focus, with really intelligent movement that opens up the chances we've been taking. Difficult to appreciate in games you need a goal or take a chance. I thought Kane did this very well last night, first half it didn't work as Foden and Rashford came into the spaces with Kane rather than areas he vacated. They sorted that out second half with a simple switching of wings.
Exactly this. Some people will scoff and say he’s had a bad tournament because he hasn’t scored a goal. In answer to an earlier post, no he hasn’t had a shot on target yet either. I think he’s played well in 1st and 3rd games, netting 3 assists. I thought USA were excellent against us and stifled everything we wanted to do.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's worked out brilliantly for us.

The next opposition will be looking at our team and genuinely not knowing who the goal threat is. They can't dare leave Kane alone as he could suddenly turn into PL Kane. They can't go too tight to him and you have the speed merchants running on beyond. They can't sit too deep to not get caught out as that leaves space for Foden and Bellingham to work.

It's all coming together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here