Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 2018 WC presentation...

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Well it's 1 more than the English Eurovision representative normally gets.

Yes but we actually care about the WC!

There should be no shock involved in the decisions, English & Aussie FA's are (pretty much!) honest and in both cases had the very best bid, but were not prepare to line the pockets of corrupt FIFA offcials.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given that the English fans are normally 20% of total fans buying tickets for World Cup matches to f*** the country over like this is economic disaster for Russia and Qatar.

I can't see ANY justification for Spain/Portugal getting more votes than us in Round 1; Spain had the WC in 1982 after all.

Just who the f*** is going to buy up the spare tickets in Russia if we collectively decide to give it a miss? I await the attendance of Cameroon vs Saudi Arabia in Omsk with baited breath.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Australia, England, USA and whoever else isn't part of these corrupt inner circles should all break away and form their own World Cup. Dub it the taint free cup or something.

Taking all the european and south americans, then FIFA can have a world cup with whats left....a bit like World series of Basketball but in Russia, Russia V Moldovia in the final

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Taking all the european and south americans, then FIFA can have a world cup with whats left....a bit like World series of Basketball but in Russia, Russia V Moldovia in the final

South America is pretty corrupt and you'd have to pick and choose who you'd take from Europe.

Im thinking the Scandanavians, The Irish, The Poles, maybe the Czechs and Slovaks, Germans, Dutch and a few of the smaller euro nations. Throw in The North American teams, Oceanic teams and probably the Central American sides and you'll have a less tainted new WC.

Leave Itlay and Spain and the rest of the Eastern block behind.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What is the point in giving the World Cup to qatar in 2022.....?

The temp will be between 41 & 48 degrees . Air conditioned stadium....? ...so what...? What about the 32 different nations supporters...? Air-conditioned streets too....?

I also understand that the stadia will all be in a region of 60 kilometres....going to see a lot of the country then.....! It will be like putting up to a million supporters in a bubble, where normally their is no alcohol....no scantily dressed Brazillian beauties..........just 'plastic' buildings.....'plastic' way of life.....basically.......a crock of shit.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
South America is pretty corrupt and you'd have to pick and choose who you'd take from Europe.

Im thinking the Scandanavians, The Irish, The Poles, maybe the Czechs and Slovaks, Germans, Dutch and a few of the smaller euro nations. Throw in The North American teams, Oceanic teams and probably the Central American sides and you'll have a less tainted new WC.

Leave Itlay and Spain and the rest of the Eastern block behind.

Blimey - looks like we might win.

No - hang on - I am getting ahead of myself here.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
ZURICH - Russia and Qatar both led in every round of voting by the FIFA executive committee which on Thursday awarded them the right to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups respectively.

Russia won an absolute majority on the second round of voting against European rivals England and the joint-bids of Netherlands/Belgium and Spain/Portugal. England were eliminated after the first round with only two votes from the 22-strong committee.

Qatar led on each of four rounds against their rivals, finally obtaining an absolute majority in the final round against the United States, which they won by 14 votes to eight.

Australia went out in the first round, Japan in the second and South Korea in the third.

2018 BALLOT

First round:
Russia 9
Spain/Portugal 7
Netherlands/Belgium 4
England 2 (eliminated)

Second round:
Russia 13
Spain/Portugal 7
Netherlands/Belgium 2

2022 BALLOT:

First round
Qatar 11
South Korea 4
Japan 3
U.S. 3
Australia 1 (eliminated)

Second round
Qatar 10
South Korea 5
U.S. 5
Japan 2 (eliminated)

Third round
Qatar 11
U.S. 6
South Korea 5 (eliminated)

Fourth round
Qatar 14
U.S. 8

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
.no scantily dressed Brazillian beauties.........

Given that the majority of players and managers in their professional league are Brazillian I suspect you are wrong.

Please try and keep to the facts. It is true that this decision (more then 2018) shows how corrupt FIFA are there has been an awful lot of ill informed rubbish posted about Qatar

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I want to see what the English media is really made of now.Do your worst

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
f*** international football. dont care about it anymore

This pretty much will be the case i would have thought more often and fifa in the future will be working with smaller nations rather than commonly known and established countries with a strong footballing culture!

Harsh but true!

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
f*** international football. dont care about it anymore

This. I was already disillusioned with it, this has just confirmed that.

England losing out is sheer disappointment but its the vote shares that bother me. Don't know how Qatar can put on a decent world cup at all. Sad day for the tournament IMO.

I'll probably look back and think I'm being overdramatic but meh.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
We had it coming. The british media were being complete idiots about the whole thing.

You can't blame the BBC. Facts are facts

Am I right in remembering that S Korea hosted the WC recently? (with Japan?)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
They hosted it in 2002 AND STILL CAME SECOND ? what the f*** is going on here?? I thought it was bungs from the building contractors that won World Cups so this puts a spanner in my theory.

At least we now know why Putin didn't feel the need to show in Zurich. An arrogant 2 fingers up to the world as he knew where the contract was heading

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think Australia might have come last for the 2022 bids as well.

USA and Qatar were the two finalists.

I mean really, USA had it in f***ing well 94 and Japan/Korea had it in 2002 and Australia with its great track record of holding major events still came last.

What a f***ing farce.

Can't give it to the white man twice in a row can they.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here