Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 2018 WC presentation...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Quinn just summed it up - Russia could have won, fair enough - but England coming 4th? I think not - this stinks of bribes and exchange of votes.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
England bid ambassador and BBC presenter Gary Lineker has confirmed that England were knocked out in the first round of voting. They came fourth out of four. I'm stunned

How shockingly corrupt is that?

Why is it corrupt? Nobody likes us, we are the Millwall of the International Community

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Expect the English media to absolutely murder FIFA over the next few years and hopefully uncover even more corruption preferably in relation to these 2 'winning' bids. Why bother with this farce of a vote, it just makes it even more unsavoury and distasteful knowing that EVERY vote was purchased beforehand.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
sorry I'm just fuming but i will argue a case. I didn't even watch panorama as it would have angered me - both that the beeb were showing it before the vote and that Fifa are so corrupt. Yes I believe it was past stuff but you really think the past stuff wouldn't have affected those accused or friends of those accused in this vote? Course it would. I'm not for one second defending the corrupt bastards but surely waiting another week till AFTER the vote would have been SIMPLY the right decision. How long do you think Panorama etc have known about this etc - f***ing YEARS - 1 week makes no difference. So do you think it's almost condoning it that these people from panorama didn't release a statement about their corrupt findings straight away (prob years ago) and carried on getting more evidence and more storys then took a few months putting the whole programme together etc etc?! Yet you moan about ONE WEEK?! Think about it...

As for the Daily f***ing Mail etc etc - completely went against our bid - f***ing disgrace.

We will just have to differ then. Holding off because we don't want to upset the very cheats that have been exposed is like saying what they get up to is OK so long as you give us the World Cup. Plus revealing it afterwards would also have made it look like sour grapes when the inevitable Russian success was announced.

We were never going to get this World Cup: the countries that have bribed the right people and paid the most money have won it, and frankly I'm rather glad I live in a country where we at least question such going on rather than ignoring it if the end result suits us. If it was merely Panorama that cost England, what's Australia's excuse for missing out?

Dandyman

In London village.
Where are the 2016 Euros?

Poland and the Ukraine will be a nightmare, Brazil expensive, Russia a nightmare and Qatar dry, so no tournaments worth bothering with.

I am up for Poland. Russia and Qatar are the two worst choices I can think of.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rubbish, the decison about the bid was made months ago, It made no difference to the bid. The Russians knew they had it wrapped up long before today, thus Putin didnt go.

you don't know that you're speculating. You never will know that either. As for him not going?I think quite the opposite - he thought he'd lose.

Regardless of whether Panorama affected it, they shouldn't have risked it by showing it last wk - it was deliberately timed and got unwanted attention. f*** Panorama anyway the Mail etc f***ed the whole bid up that was swimming along nicely by TRICKING our chairman. What a great thing to do - our own press.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
The stadiums may be OK but whats it going to be like just hanging out anywhere or travelling!?! I've travelled extensively across the Middle East and can tell you it is friggin murder trying to do anything constructive between 10AM-4PM. Qatar is an absolute f***ing joke of a place to hold the World Cup, I really despair at this whole sorry saga.

Dandyman

In London village.
Quinn just summed it up - Russia could have won, fair enough - but England coming 4th? I think not - this stinks of bribes and exchange of votes.

I suspect Mr Warner is now even richer than he already was.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Expect the English media to absolutely murder FIFA over the next few years and hopefully uncover even more corruption preferably in relation to these 2 'winning' bids. Why bother with this farce of a vote, it just makes it even more unsavoury and distasteful knowing that EVERY vote was purchased beforehand.

I sincerely hope so. Time to stop brown-nosing the weasels like Warner and let them have it with both barrels now we don't have to tiptoe around the WC bid.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We will just have to differ then. Holding off because we don't want to upset the very cheats that have been exposed is like saying what they get up to is OK so long as you give us the World Cup. Plus revealing it afterwards would also have made it look like sour grapes when the inevitable Russian success was announced.

We were never going to get this World Cup: the countries that have bribed the right people and paid the most money have won it, and frankly I'm rather glad I live in a country where we at least question such going on rather than ignoring it if the end result suits us. If it was merely Panorama that cost England, what's Australia's excuse for missing out?

I see your point - it's very valid. I'm not saying we missed out cos of Panorama. I do agree with naming and shaming these bastards but the only way to get the WC is by this voting process then I'd rather we'd won it and then exposed them. Selfish I suppose but that's how I feel!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I blame the behavior of them Brumscum chavs last night.

:fishing:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
While I'm pissed off how must Eddie feel? Stole the show and still gets shafted by FIFA

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Putin now flying to Zurich apparently.

Of course he is. He's got BILLS to pay now.

There is a Swiss bank account with his name on that needs some urgent withdrawals! How convenient that FIFA be based in Switzerland, a country where you can salt away millions with no questions asked!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Australia, England, USA and whoever else isn't part of these corrupt inner circles should all break away and form their own World Cup. Dub it the taint free cup or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here