Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 2018 WC presentation...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we still had the Empire, we wouldnt have all this bollocks, we would just tell Blatter when we want the thing.

"sigh"
Wise words.

And of course, we probably wouldn't turn up to it anyway, in the full knowledge that Johnny Foreigner wouldn't have a chance against and of the four home nations. Even Wales, and even if we were still pipe smoking amateurs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, when we had an empire, the whole idea of a World Cup was beneath us. We couldn't be seen as trying to compete with lesser nations. We only started to enter the WC when the empire was being dismantled.

perhaps then its time to revive it.

Rule Brittania etc etc.

( not that we have any naval ships anyomore :-( )

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
For quality of birdage, the Russians win hands down.

I think it's fair to say that a few hands were down when they were on...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
agree with you entirely. I dont think (honestly) it was as good as ours but clearly better than Iberia. The low countries one wasn't that bad especially the 70's interview with cruyff overdubbed with him speaking now - however their bid does not show the money making promise that us and russia's does.

Completely agree, ours has been head and shoulders the best presentation. Gullit (sp) was quite frankly cringe worthy.

Still think the Russians will win, money talks and all that. Which is why I think Qatar have a good chance of winning 2022. Went there last year for the Brazil game and the place reeks of money!! If they do win they are going to have to relax their laws on alcohol if they want me to travel.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
So, has William bunged all the delegates 'tickets' to his wedding then??

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Russia will win !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I too wasn't that fussed about this vote until watching sky sports news yesterday and now I am completely hooked.

Becks, Cameron and William have done sterling work in the last couple of days and the presentation was excellent. The speaches were great, especially Eddie's and Becks. In my opinion the only thing Russia has in their favour is Arshavin, he is class!

I really really hope we get this now. I haven't felt this patriotic for years!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just seen 'highlights' of the Spanish bid, its like they weren't bothered very very amateur.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Our bid is by far the best, if we dont win it its a fix, simple as. The other bids have massive holes in them and the bid teams didnt seem to care half as much.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I wonder what effect the trouble at Villa/Brum last night would have had on England's chances.

Not an ideal thing to be in the media when such an important decision is to be considered and made.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Hope Russia don't get it but the kickbacks and bribes Putin must have organised must have them almost guaranteed to get it. What a godforsaken country to host the WC in though, the rudest most miserable & arrogant race of people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, soulless grey cities of concrete and crime and just devoid of any charm whatsoever. A bloody horrible place to hold a World Cup, imagine Middlesborough on Meth and you have your average Russian city.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
According to BBC the decision may be delayed...........

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The Russians I've encountered on holiday in Sharm el Sheikh, and also in some of Europe's ski resorts, have been some of the most unpleasant and arrogant people I've come across. Not sure this is a fair representation of the general population though.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hope Russia don't get it but the kickbacks and bribes Putin must have organised must have them almost guaranteed to get it. What a godforsaken country to host the WC in though, the rudest most miserable & arrogant race of people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, soulless grey cities of concrete and crime and just devoid of any charm whatsoever. A bloody horrible place to hold a World Cup, imagine Middlesborough on Meth and you have your average Russian city.

There is a reason that Putin wasnt there, he knows its in the bag, Brazil followed by Russia? no thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here