Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 2012

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Well its been a month since my return and I finally dug through the photos from my trip and just thought id share my adventures again this year. For the 2nd time in just under a year I went to England. Of course it was a football based holiday for myself but this time round my mom made the trek across with me as she has always wanted to see England.

Arrived April 7th in the evening in London. My mom got a taste for London hospitality when the cabbie asked us "Have you got English money?". I wanted to be a smart as and say "No, dont you take American?" But I did not want to associate myself with North Americas pants :)

Next morning went off to Birmingham to meet up with a good mate of mine for some pints. April 9th was first football match as VIlla took on Stoke...ironically enough same as my first match last year and same result 1-1. Football was pretty dire (as it has been all season) and even my mom who had never been to a professional football match said "Well that was pretty shit" :clap2:

Off to London next morning for some touristy bits, The Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham etc. Sun out so it was a great day to walk around London.

Went off to Paris for a day trip next morning. 5am train, got into Paris around 9 where we met up with a local guide we hired out for the day to show us around.

paris1.jpg

Notre Dame

paris2.jpg

The Louvre

And of course
paris3.jpg

Fantastic day out in Paris. Our guide took us on a "Real Paris" themed tour as we went to alot of areas out of the way and not having a ton of tourists. Hidden churches and old parts of Paris.

Came back for another day in London, again nothing special as we were pretty tired from the day in Paris. Got up and headed off to Worthing on the Friday to meet up with [MENTION=12838]The Peanut Roaster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20866]pipkin112[/MENTION] for some pints. That evening myself [MENTION=12838]The Peanut Roaster[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] [MENTION=15008]HAILSHAM SEAGULL[/MENTION] and others met up for some poker at our host [MENTION=12756]R. Slicker[/MENTION] house. Great food, great beers, great company....lost all my money.

worthing1.jpg

I was up way to early the next morning to head to Swindon to meet up with a mate of mine to see Swindon play Plymouth in what could have been the match Swindon clinched promotion. Swindon won but did not clinched. Had a great day out doing a mini crawl through Swindon.

Sunday the 15th I headed to Birmingham again to meet up with my mate to go see Villa away at Manure. At this point I did not have one of my brightest moments...

Heading up the M6 to Manchester I will have to use the toilet.....like I was twitching and could not sit still....I was going to explode. Could not see any signs for services so I finally got my mate to pull over under an overpass to wish I jumped out of the car and got behind the pillar to relieve myself. After a the most glorious 2 minutes I got back in the car and we started to drive away. 1/2 mile down the M6 I realized my wallet was not with me anymore...it had fallen out when I got out to piss. So there I was....marching down the M6 1/2 mile back to the overpass and sure enough my wallet was sitting right next to a river of piss..... I have never seen Mike laugh so hard in his laugh. At least I realized before getting to Manchester....

Football was horrible and we got bummed 4-0 and Ash young had a horrid dive....

Spent the night in Brum before heading back to Brighton. Spent 2 nights at the UMI down on the seafront. Next morning had a gathering to head to Seaford to spread [MENTION=3482]defrocked priest[/MENTION] ashes at Seaford head. Had a few NSC members turn up for it as well as his parents and brother. Emotional time but a fitting end.

sevensisters.jpg

Pints in the evening before heading to the Amex for my first match. Did a post about that already so wont go into great detail.

mosaic.jpg

brick1.jpg

As it turns out this brick was done twice! Had no idea until it was pointed out on my way to the ground in the afternoon.

brighton2.jpg

Spent the next 2 days in Bath doing some touring of Salisbury, Bath and surrounding area.

The famous Roman Baths
baths1.jpg

From here headed back to Birmingham for the end of our trip. Villa v Sunderland....nothing special again 0-0.....Sunderland should have beat us but we held on for yet another draw. Was a great day out with my mates though as we had nearly 20 people turn up from the VIlla forum i frequent so it was nice to see people I met last year and meet some new faces.

Also had a present brought for me....Buckfest from Scotland
bucky.jpg

Not bad really.....

Not the whole crew of people but a snap of some from the meet up
group1-1.jpg

View from the Holte 5 seats from where I was last year
villa1.jpg

Also on the way out from the pub we bumped into a few Villa Legends.....can anyone name them?
Villlegends.jpg

All in all I enjoyed my trip yet again. Met some new people, had alot of pints and got to see some football. Happy days :clap2:

Hope I haven't bored anyone :eek:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nice one Peev, great to meet you and look forward to the next time

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Good thread, not met you but you seem a top bloke!

I can assure you, he is.

Great fun, and boy oh boy, can he neck them....:O:drink:

Glad you and your mom enjoyed it Peevs, really enjoyed meeting her, along with the mentioned nsc'ers and also US who met us at Seaford.

Now, there might be a poker night soon, so you're welcome to pop over............:bigwave:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Good thread, not met you but you seem a top bloke!

Cheers [MENTION=11804]Deanbha[/MENTION] . Next time round perhaps a pint or 2 is in order :drink:
I can assure you, he is.

Great fun, and boy oh boy, can he neck them....:O:drink:

Glad you and your mom enjoyed it Peevs, really enjoyed meeting her, along with the mentioned nsc'ers and also US who met us at Seaford.

Now, there might be a poker night soon, so you're welcome to pop over............:bigwave:

Cheers Peanut :cheers:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I really want to try Poutine and get to Tim Hortons ASAP! On the to-do list at Toronto!
Glad you had a great time over here!

Poutine is heaven on a plate....so long as its a proper poutine. I cant guide you as to where in Toronto but look for somewhere with "Poutinerie" in the name as it will be made right with cheese curds :D. As for Tim Hortons I think you might be slightly let down if I am honest. Dont get me wrong I go to Timmies regularly but the coffee is not the best....but with enough cream all coffee is good :lolol: When you come across the pond?

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Glad you enjoyed your stay mate. When your next over you should pop to cornwall and sample some PROPER JOB cornish pasties.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Cheers [MENTION=11804]Deanbha[/MENTION] . Next time round perhaps a pint or 2 is in order :drink:

Cheers Peanut :cheers:

No worries, my Canadian friend ( there finally said it, but it won't last :kiss: ).....

I think this is also THE thread to say a big, massive thank you to everybody that chipped in to help buy the memorial stone for Evan Warren, our very own Defrocked Priest on NSC, poker champ in his own head. :angel:

Not only did NSC raise enough a couple of years ago for Evan's memorial stone, NSC raised well above, I believe to the tune of £300 or so extra, which Bozza donated to the a Canadian heart foundation. ( If I'm wrong on this, I stand to be corrected ).

Evan's elderly parents, and I do say that with uppermost respect, came over from Canada, along with their son, who flew in from Australia, where he resides.

After Evan's ashes were laid to rest, we all had lunch at a nearby pub, which of course entailed real ale for all.

Over our lunch, I spoke at length to Evan's father, who didn't realise why that 'another small band of brothers' had come to Seaford Head to say good bye to his son. He was truly overwhelmed, in tears in fact, when I told him it was just done an internet site, where we all seem to care about each other for one reason, and that put very simply, is because we are who we are.

Now, where's my beer...........xx

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Poutine is heaven on a plate....so long as its a proper poutine. I cant guide you as to where in Toronto but look for somewhere with "Poutinerie" in the name as it will be made right with cheese curds :D. As for Tim Hortons I think you might be slightly let down if I am honest. Dont get me wrong I go to Timmies regularly but the coffee is not the best....but with enough cream all coffee is good :lolol: When you come across the pond?

I shall take your words of wisdom as I'll only want the proper stuff! Getting hungry just thinking about it. Canada has got to have some of the tastiest looking food in the world (for those with a sweet tooth)..!
I've got a fair few trips to fit into the next 18 months. Me and the missus are doing New York for xmas this year however it would possibly make sense to extend our trip by a week and head up to Toronto (via Niagra) on the 27th December or so. Maybe watch some street hockey and spend New Years over in the land of the Canuck!

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Glad you enjoyed your stay mate. When your next over you should pop to cornwall and sample some PROPER JOB cornish pasties.

I did have a fair few pasties on my travels but for some reason I did not have 1 while I was in Cornwall/Devon last year. Its on the todo list :lolol:

I shall take your words of wisdom as I'll only want the proper stuff! Getting hungry just thinking about it. Canada has got to have some of the tastiest looking food in the world (for those with a sweet tooth)..!
I've got a fair few trips to fit into the next 18 months. Me and the missus are doing New York for xmas this year however it would possibly make sense to extend our trip by a week and head up to Toronto (via Niagra) on the 27th December or so. Maybe watch some street hockey and spend New Years over in the land of the Canuck!
Good man! Id suggest extending the trip to go head up to Toronto....though it wil lbe December so I cant promise the weather will be any good :lol: Good thing with Toronto as well is youll be able to find plenty of pubs showing football as well.

Is that Gordon Cowan in the middle??

Thats one

It's certainly not Peever.......

Surprised you could tel the difference as I think we look similar....:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here